Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Oh, God. It’s awful. Why did they change it? :help:
There is only one year left for all sites to stop using Adobe Flash. It was used in almost all web sites not so long ago. Now HTML5 can do a much best job with a fraction of the energy usage. Flash has always been criticized for draining the batteries of the portable devices, and for being a security hazard.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
The first page of a tournament page shows a large world map.

When you click on it, it will direct you to the location of the tournament in Google Maps. That's fine.

But why isn't the location of the tournament shown on the world map itself? The large graph is just an oversized icon that works as a link.

·
Registered
24,537 Posts
it's the ITF - what can you expect - Haggerty needs to find some tasks for his relatives and friendos - so obviously he chose his best mate's wife, who recently attended a 2 hours webinar on "how to create crappy websites-2.0."

Big congrats

·
Registered
15,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The worst thing is now you have to go to that laggy site to type the actual name without misspelling to get into a profile to go through stuff you don't need

instead of the old format you type in ' Name Itf' and just go straight to the profile and get to the info you're looking for:help:

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I hate it how unfriendly it is to make a quick summary of anything. If I want to see tournaments played last month, I can't just click to go previous months in the tour calendar but I have fill in parameters - which dates should be displayed. That is unnecessary, adds multiple clicks for no good reason and alienates users (me, at least). Similarly I can't just scan through a whole draw to get a bigger picture, I simply have to deal with tiny section of the bracket one by one.

The h2h and surface stats are nice extra bits, the new site might be an upgrade for following one player, but general overview of what is happening on the itf tour of your chocie is out of reach, you have to dig things from user unfrieldy format, as things have to be more colourful, not just plain text lists, and thus can't fit one page and you easily lose sight of who is in the same quarter of a draw by forced extensive scrolling.

I also hate on junior tournaments pages, if you want to check the girls side of the tournaments, you have to switch from the boys every fricking time you change a tab.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I stopped using WTA website, because it was unreadable. I couldn't find any information throughout all of these oversized bars. Now, I am going to stop using ITF website. Where can I still find data presented in easy, clean, and simple way? How can I still follow tennis? hysteric icon, sad reaction, tears

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
TF teas

·
Registered
15,352 Posts
Why this obsession to always "change"???especially when something was good. Dont like it and don't feel comfortable with that new version. The same with this new version applied in Tennis Forum. I liked the old version and got used with it. Hate to have to start all this AGAIN. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
50,595 Posts
Yes :help::help::help:
The update from ITF site is worse than ever :(
(like Tennisforum now. lol)

Normally the reason to update a website is to improve it, but here is another example what a complete mess a site has become with an update. A million times worse. It was perfect to read before.

The website updates that are done now are only done to make it for handy.

And the website updaters do not care at all about computer/laptop users. Discriminating.

The ITF website is now confusing and unclear. Before it was easy and quick to find the draws and results of the current tournaments. Now it takes 10x more time to find the tournaments and their results in this mess of a new website – wich was ONLY designed for handy.

The player profiles (which were really good and worth to visit – better than on WTA site) are now a lot worse too. WTF …

Honestly: All websites these days should have 2 versions:
  • One for handy
  • And one for computer/laptop
I used to visit the good ITF site daily. Everything was clear, quick and easy to find. Now the opposite. Everything is unclear and takes very very long to find the info and results. I will not visit the ITF site anymore. A horrible update. Bye ...

·
26,895 Posts
Complete trash. Disgusting.

But - it has a ranking "counter" so if someone is ranked 400, it counts up to 400. :yeah: :bowdown:

21 - 40 of 62 Posts