Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know if this has ever been reported on here, but apparently at least 4 retired former Top 50 female tennis players are now Top 30 ranked "Beach Tennis" players. The 4 players are......

Natasha Zvereva
Sabine Appelmans
Els Callens
Olga Barabanschikova

Zvereva and Barabanschikova play on a team together for Belarus, and Appelmans and Callens play on a team together for Belgium. They're all currently co-ranked at #23 in the rankings.....

http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medialibrary/pdf/original/IO_40469_original.PDF

Apparently "Beach Tennis" consists of hitting a modified tennis ball over a net with a paddle while wearing a bikini. Sounds like an interesting concept! Apparently the first ever Beach Tennis World Championships are going to be played next week in Rome....

http://www.itftennis.com/beachtennis/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=19867

Hmmmm. Do you guys think this is going to catch on??? I think they really need to get Kournikova to come back and play this... I bet she could turn it into a huge phenomenon almost overnight :drool::inlove:

·
Registered
53,797 Posts
Former tennis pros Alice Canepa, Sabrina Jolk and Ana Catarina Nogueira also turned into beach tennis :lol:

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
27,207 Posts
Yep, they´re showing a program at the livestream!!! Interviewing Zvereva and Olga, Serra Zanetti also in!
Forgive my ignorance, who´s that old blonde lady? I know she always present the trophy, but I forgot who she is!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
beach tennis really is very popular in italy; the rankings certainly reflect it!

very cool, neat that beach tennis is being officially organized and i bet these 4 ladies are enjoying the competition!

·
Registered
16,700 Posts
:lol: Wouldn't it be awesome for this to become as big as beach volleyball has become. :D Then we could see tennis pros moving onto the beach when they're done with their tennis careers.

I can see it now: Kournikova/Myskina vs. Seles/Davenport... :drool:

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Banned
15,803 Posts
Привет;15570659 said:
:lol: Wouldn't it be awesome for this to become as big as beach volleyball has become. :D Then we could see tennis pros moving onto the beach when they're done with their tennis careers.

I can see it now: Kournikova/Myskina vs. Seles/Davenport... :drool:
Davenport in a bikini? No thanks.

·
Registered
17,671 Posts
Ya I saw her :inlove:

Interviewer: 'Who will win Rome?'
Natasha: 'I don't know who is playing?'
Olga: 'The hottest one should win!'

:haha:
:lol: i saw that, it was hilarious, they don't give a f$ck to the tournament

barabanshikova is indeed a very sexy girl

·
Registered
94 Posts
We have beach tennis every summer here in Long Beach, NY. Three years ago Bea Bielik, who reached the 3rd round of the US Open, played in the tournament. She was such an unfriendly bitch, I was so glad to see her lose in the first round.

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
OMG wouldn't you be embaressed if your last name was Myrophora?:eek:
Well, I'm sure you would if you lived in Cyprus. A myrophora is this dress that little girls wear on Good Friday in church (and none of them like it:lol: )
And Femke Ellens plays for Cyprus?:confused::lol:
Sounds Dutch or Belgian to me:shrug:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts