District of New York (Manhattan).

Should be on the news soon..

·
Registered
8,809 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
guys you do not know what happened behind the scenes. so don't attack Zina because we dont know the full story!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
she has had a major chip on her shoulder for a very long time. Sure there is occasional racism in tennis and it is repugnant but she did this as a player, calling Pam Shriver racist after a match which was totally unfounded.
She is out of the job because she didn't achieve, albeit with limited resources. Does it not occur to her it might be for some reason other than being black ?

What's next ? Billie Jean claiming she had to step down because of lesbian discrimination ?

·
Registered
40,091 Posts
guys you do not know what happened behind the scenes. so don't attack Zina because we dont know the full story!
That is why I stated "I do not know on what ground she is suing".

And I am not attacking her. I am just stating she was a failure as a captain.

I don't think there will be much disagreement on that.

·
Registered
40,091 Posts
she has had a major chip on her shoulder for a very long time. Sure there is occasional racism in tennis and it is repugnant but she did this as a player, calling Pam Shriver racist after a match which was totally unfounded.
She is out of the job because she didn't achieve, albeit with limited resources. Does it not occur to her it might be for some reason other than being black ?

What's next ? Billie Jean claiming she had to step down because of lesbian discrimination ?
Do you know for sure she is suing on racial discrimination ground?
You seem to be overplaying it. Do you have any proof
And what does Pam Shriver accusation has to do with this? Just to bolster you racial angle of the argument you're making?

·
Registered
32,260 Posts
Fed Cup is about the team spirit.
If you suck, you do what's best for the team and let someone else do your job in a better way. Aka convincing the WS to show up. :lol:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Do you know for sure she is suing on racial discrimination ground?
You seem to be overplaying it. Do you have any proof
And what does Pam Shriver accusation has to do with this? Just to bolster you racial angle of the argument you're making?
The Pam Shriver incident has a lot to do with it IF this is what Zina is suing for.

If Zina has been racially discriminated against then I hope she wins the case. But you cannot deny she has a history of claiming racism when it isn't there. Pam called Zina "stupid" during a match after an incident and Zina took this to be a racial slur and stated Pam had said this insult because she was black.

·
Registered
40,091 Posts
The Pam Shriver incident has a lot to do with it IF this is what Zina is suing for.

If Zina has been racially discriminated against then I hope she wins the case. But you cannot deny she has a history of claiming racism when it isn't there. Pam called Zina "stupid" during a match after an incident and Zina took this to be a racial slur and stated Pam had said this insult because she was black.
Look, it is not clear to me or anyone else that she is suing on racial discrimination ground.
For you to imply that it is case because Zina had an incident with Pam Shriver when Zina called Pam racist is disingenuous and clouding the issue.

As you can see in my previous post, I did not like her as a Fed Cup captain.

·
Banned
48,006 Posts
Shes just bitter and been a nuisance cos she got sacked
I Watch her coach last year vs Russia shes plainly shouts crap

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Look, it is not clear to me or anyone else that she is suing on racial discrimination ground.
For you to imply that it is case because Zina had an incident with Pam Shriver when Zina called Pam racist is disingenuous and clouding the issue.

As you can see in my previous post, I did not like her as a Fed Cup captain.
Well considering the starter of the thread said "alleging racial discrimination", I can see why he assumed it was an issue of race.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Let's all be honest here; Zina got the job as Fed Cup captain because she's black and the USTA governing body thought she could bring Venus and Serena into playing Fed Cup more readily. But Fed Cup Captain's have never been the problem or issue with the WS. They just don't care about FED CUP! Plain and simple, it's not a priority for them. And the ONLY reason why they have played it in the past is because it's a pre-requisite to play in the Olympics game. Venus and Serena could't care less about playing for country. Hell half the time they can't be bother to do their day job and don't carry their spoiled asses to all these tournaments who would pay them probably between $250-500,000 just to show up and play TENNIS. Plus the prize money.
Therefore, Zina could't come thru on the sista card for the USTA so she had to go. Next, up Mary Joe Fernandez. Why else do you think she's been also so kind in her praise of Venus and Serena for so many years? She knew she could bankroll her words of praise into Venus and Serena playing Fed Cup when she eventually rose to Fed Cup Captain. It's ALL about Politics.

·
10,576 Posts
Let's all be honest here; Zina got the job as Fed Cup captain because she's black and the USTA governing body thought she could bring Venus and Serena into playing Fed Cup more readily. But Fed Cup Captain's have never been the problem or issue with the WS. They just don't care about FED CUP! Plain and simple, it's not a priority for them. And the ONLY reason why they have played it in the past is because it's a pre-requisite to play in the Olympics game. Venus and Serena could't care less about playing for country. Hell half the time they can't be bother to do their day job and don't carry their spoiled asses to all these tournaments who would pay them probably between $250-500,000 just to show up and play TENNIS. Plus the prize money.
Therefore, Zina could't come thru on the sista card for the USTA so she had to go. Next, up Mary Joe Fernandez. Why else do you think she's been also so kind in her praise of Venus and Serena for so many years? She knew she could bankroll her words of praise into Venus and Serena playing Fed Cup when she eventually rose to Fed Cup Captain. It's ALL about Politics.
That is a bunch of bull. The Williams Sisters are very close with BJK, the previous Fed Cup coach so I do not know where you're going.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
That is a bunch of bull. The Williams Sisters are very close with BJK, the previous Fed Cup coach so I do not know where you're going.
HELLO BJK couldn't get Venus and Serena to play half the time either! Why else do you think they got rid of her ASS in the first place? POLITICS! BJK was usherd out as Fed Cup Captain (the whole Capriati debackle didn't help either)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts