Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the cleanest performance by Sofia. She sometimes seemed to be unsure tactically whether to be the agressor or to defend. She was rather composed as well and looked a bit tired at times, but was able to lift her level just when necessary. :yeah: Paquet was just too erratic throughout, so a lot depended on Sofia‘s consistency. :)

I am surprised Sofia chose to come to Asia in Week 1 of the swing. :eek: She has SF to defend from Quebec City. Maybe that is the rationale. :shrug:

On a sidenote where did that crowd from Martic/Paolini go? :rolls:

·
Registered
15,855 Posts
Good to see 2 out of 2 seeds played so far go through to the 2nd round.

Is Kenin playing this week through to Beijing? She needs to be careful of not overplaying giving her recent form and number of matches played; she must at risk of burn out. I guess she gets a rest day tomorrow (?)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Kenin should win this (a bit weak, but with great money and points given) tournament to get some deserved points for what she has done in the season.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
another win for her.

i forgot that this tournament started today, so it was nice to see a thread with sofia kenin (6) d paquet.

i will watch now to see how far she progresses.

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Really weird loss to Paquet in Strasbourg, so glad to see Sofia back on track. I don’t think she is playing next week... so maybe some training and relaxation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts