Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good to see Jelena get the W here. :yeah: :inlove:
Better erase that second set. Jelena is in such a bad mental state that once things take a turn she just can’t seem to overcome it for an extended period. She also had her pulse checked and at times did seem to feel unwell.
Hopefully she will recover until Thursday so her match against Aryna won’t be a complete train wreck. :lol:

Xiaodi has a nice refreshing game though and her mixing it up certainly caused Jelena additional trouble. Easy to see why she did so well on the ITF recently.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Honestly she probably would have lost this match a few months ago so I’ll consider this an improvement.

·
Premium Member
64,853 Posts
Aljona :tape: :yeah:

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
Hahah.....of course Jelena loses a set 0-6 to this ITF scrub, LOL. This girl really is a hot mess, she needs to get it together.

·
Registered
8,490 Posts
That's a very good handshake from Alyona, all things considered. Great experience for Xiaodi though. She has the kind of game that takes mire time to mature but I can see her getting into the top 100 in a couple of years.

·
Registered
11,875 Posts
Taking bets on the number of doubles faults between Ostapenko and Sabalenka.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
I remember a brief video of You playing Erika Sema from last year.
Sema won that match and said something to the effect that You deserved to lose because she was a cheat.
They played against one another later that year (with You winning this time) and there was a hug at the end.
Also think they played doubles together at some point this year.
I was very glad to see they patched things up.

·
Registered
15,871 Posts
One of WTA’s finest entertainers lives on this week. Let’s see what Thursday brings v Sabalenka - interesting match up.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Something happened in the second set, partially surely just the total lack of confidence after a setback - but there was a MTO at 5-0. Could be all sorts of reasons - jet lag, virus, allergies - of course, could even be a tactical MTO learned from her friend Yastremska... though I wouldn't think she had the poker face to fake looking as confused as she did.

In any case, after some blood pressure and temperature tests Penko was just given a chocolate bar :) and she was much more gruntled after that.

I have no idea what to expect from Sabalenka in the next match. Guess a lot depends on if Tursunov is still her coach and has travelled with her.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts