Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Incredible battle! :yeah: Petra just could trust on her own shots slightly more than Aryna even though she did not look like it at times. :lol:
However great effort by Aryna especially considering she was competing in NY until Sunday! :)

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Wonderful match! :worship: Obviously a big contrast in styles, and it was a fight from the first point to the very last (with Martic saving two BPs to serve it out), which isn't always the case in three set matches on the WTA where it's often a case of them taking turns to play well. These two were consistently battling for the entire match.

Petra was too steady in the rallies today and won more of the important points... for example Aryna having 3 consecutive SPs at 5-2 in the second set and needing to take her 9th set point at 6-5 instead. :lol: Still a great week for the Belorussian who arrived late and had no coach with her.

The match was played in good spirits too. Both laughing a lot, Aryna clapping Martic's great shots, the crowd getting involved. Nice exchange at the net. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great match, so much intensity.

Martic has really turned into a mature player these last years with big steps forward especially under the mental aspects of her game.
I love the connection between her and Zaniewska, even today she called her when she was behind *3-4 in the 3rd and Sandra was so focused and relaxed during the time-out.

#15 in live race :worship:
I hope she will finish the year well, a place in top 15 would be so deserved especially after her runs at Slams.

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
Great match! :worship: Nice to see Aryna playing better these days. Quite a battle out there from start to finish!

We've got two great matches in Kerber vs Riske and Martic vs Sabalenka this tournament. Not bad for a Premier right after a slam.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
this was certainly one of the most entertaining matches of the season.

really high quality, and so many winners by both.
aryna had it on her racquet, but couldn,t quite do it.

also enjoyed the commentary from paul hand & mel south. both were right into it & made the match.
i think hand must be a sabalenka fan because he was gushing over her a lot. ( don't blame him)

the semi-finals & final have a lot to live up to.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Great win for Petra, happy to see she got through a close battle :cheer: I'm annoyed I missed all of it though :lol: I hope there are highlights somewhere. Very pleased she's continuing her good form of the past few months.

Tough schedule for Sabalenka after the washout but still a very good effort from her straight after the USO.

·
Registered
10,109 Posts
Great win for Petra, happy to see she got through a close battle :cheer: I'm annoyed I missed all of it though :lol: I hope there are highlights somewhere. Very pleased she's continuing her good form of the past few months.

Tough schedule for Sabalenka after the washout but still a very good effort from her straight after the USO.
wta channel is posting tons of highlights

Reactions: Gerri
1 - 13 of 13 Posts