Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, we have all seen some really good tourney sites and some really crappy ones! My site would be like this:

1.Overall look: Like the Gaz de France
2.Language: Multiple
3.Live scores: A must have! w/ live cams
4.Player online chat: Daily
5.Social Column: SM and his friends would do the "social scene". Attend player parties etc and give the low down on the places to be etc... <like they did for the AUS Open.>
6.Photo Gallery: by Nicolas Meurier who gave us the great pictures from the GAZ...
7.Captions for photo's: TEEREX of course and she can choose her helpers.
8.Questions concering draw/rules: TheBoiledEgg will respond within 2hrs of your email request.
9.Fashion Critic: I forget her name, I'm thinking it is ASV that does the fashion for the slams.
10. On site reporting: Annafan did such a great job last week in France he/she can have the job.
11. Predictions: whoever predicts Lindsay to win will have that job. :)

SO what would your ultimate website be like???

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
My tournament website would only run the years when Martina plays there.

Live scores, webcam, chatroom.

Tons and tons of pics.

It'd look like one of those fan pages. ;)

And if, IF, Martina didn't make it to the final, the site would stop being updated until the next time she played, while the webmistress mourned. ;)

·
Plainclothes Division
6,350 Posts
I would want a site that gives a lot of info ASAP. A constantly updated list of player entries prior to the event. Live scores, webcams, stats. Lots of photos. Every match would be photographed. If a pro isn't doing it, let an amateur handle it. Up-to-date player profiles. Up-to-date and accurate injury and withdrawal reports.

I'd want an expansive history section. Not only the tournament's past winners in singles and doubles, or how it came to be, but complete info on EVERYTHING. Complete draw sheets for every event (singles, doubles, qualifying, juniors, "plate" events) in every edition of the tournament ever held.

All of the post-match interviews would be posted. Chat sessions every day. Not just the stars. We'll chat with anybody. Allow us to send message to the players, and print player responses to questions sent in to them.

Hmm. Anything I missed?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts