Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2434 Posts

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I played my friend again today and I was able to win it 6-2,3-6,6-2. It was a very wacky match. At one point during the match there were 12 consecutive breaks of serve. I have NEVER had that happen to me before. But luckily for me I was able to hold serve first in the final set and that helped me win. :bounce:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,720 Posts
I won my doubles tournie :woohoo:
I was with a girl and we beat all the boys doubles pairs :haha:

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Played a friend I hadn't played all summer. He's mostly a counter puncher, but he's tough to play cause every chance he gets he's at the net and he has very good volleys. He's also has superb court coverage, so I feel like I can measure how I'm playing against him because if I'm playing well I win pretty easily, but if not it's always very tough. I also was demoing a new racquet to see if i wanted to buy it the n code 5. It's safe to say it's way too strong for me lol. He won the first set 6-2, and then I won the second set 7-6 (5). After being down an early break and losing a 5-2 lead. Then I went up 5-1 in the tiebreak before letting it fall to 5-5. I saved 3 matchpoints too. We stopped after the second set because he had to get home. But it was fun!

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
my last match i lost 4-6, 2-6

i can't play counterpunchers and i can't serve. :sad:

·
Registered
18,419 Posts
Club-Championships

1r: 5-7,6-4,6-0
2r: 6-0,6-1

In the first match I received a wrist-injured :sad: In the 2r was the opponent very bad, so it was okay for me to play, by my wirst aches me still very much. I hope it will be better very soon.

I have very often problems with my foots and knees - and now with my wrist :sad: :sad: :mad: :fiery: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I hope the next rounds will be suspended for a time :lol:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,085 Posts
Played yesterday after a couple weeks off. Was able to win 6-0 6-2 breaking in my new ncode n4. This is a brilliant racket, this after switching from the ntour 95 (which I thought after the htour, was the best racket ever made). This racket has power and control, and is made with sugar and spice and all things nice. I can't wait to play with it some more. I'm a typical baseliner, so if you're a hard-hitting baseliner, demo this racket. You might like it. I'm supposed to get the ncode n5 as a present from my mom this week, so I can't wait to hit the courts with that one. i hear it is a very powerful racket.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I won my last match 62 64.

I played a match two weeks ago. I was up 62 51. Did a Dementieva choke to lose the second set 67 (4-7). Was up 4-1 40-0 serving in the third set. Lost it. Then I was up 7-6 0-40, opponent comes up with three incredible serves. Then at 7-7, I forfeited because my shoulder hurt so much. :(

LOL choke.

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
I won 6:0, 6:0, 7:5. When we finished first 2 sets, my friend said there must be something wrong with his racket, so I took his racket and he took mine. The last set was strangely close, maybe it was something wrong afer all:lol:

·
tennis-stars-management.com
6,886 Posts
i played 2 matches yesterday, with my brother (he is 3 years older) ... i won 6-2, 6-3.... and with my school-mate.... i won 6-1, 6-0 :drool:

i played first time in indoor .... i am not at the picture... :lol:

it costs cca 7 EUR/1 hour in summer and 14 EUR/1 hour in winter..... but i was there 1st time....

·
Registered
38,860 Posts
I am officially going to RAPE this thread!

OK.

So this week i had to drive to Ashford to play my tournament throughout the week.

1ST Round - 4-6 6-4 6-2 (i was down 6-4 *4-3)
QF - 1-6 6-4 6-1 ( I WAS DOWN 6-1 4-2 30-0)
SF - 7-5 7-5 (no breaks in the match until the last games - which is really some high quality stuff :) )
Final - today

I really shouldn't be winning these matches :tape: :tape: Well i should but i suck for a set and a half and get the ball in just that one extra time and it can do wonders. Plus my forehand is kind like Vee, sometimes i forget not to shirk my head when i return open-stanced.

This tournament is thanks to some Serena fans who gave me some extra tips ;) I only play private tournies. I HATE the LTA :eek:

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
I won my last match against a pusher 6-4, 4-6, 6-0. I can't play pushers, but I managed to be aggressive in the last and literally hit him off the court. My backhand down the line became fire. I could not serve well though, until 3-0 in the final set.

·
Registered
21,453 Posts
I won my last match 6-1 6-0.
I played on indoor grass (is that even a surface?) :lol:

I love playing on grass! :lick: quite weird considering I´m spanish :p
It´s funny because I normally lose against him when we play on hard...

·
Registered
38,860 Posts
I haven't played anyone who has ridiculously bossed me about from the baseline. I hate people who have a lot of plays to choose from. They can come in and be agressive, sit back and push or short slice to kingdom come.

That pisses me off!

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
I haven't playe din ages but the last match I played i won 6-3 6-3.

It's good because I usually win the first set and then relax too much and lose the second, then get myself together again and in the third.

I want to play someone on wtaworld. That would be awesome :rolls:

41 - 60 of 2434 Posts