Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2434 Posts

·
Registered
24,441 Posts
the last match I played was beginning of August. I won 60 50 when he got an injury he said and retired. :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
64,634 Posts
Well, I haven't played in ages :lol:

But when I used to be really active at my club, I would always win my matches in team competition (record of over 90% won) :lol: But in singles tournaments, I would always draw the toughest players :weirdo: Like once I participated in the regional championships, even though I knew I stood no chance :lol:, and I had to play the defending champion in the first round :help: Needless to say I only won one game :cuckoo: In The Netherlands we have this system that first round losers enter a consolation tournament though, and I would usually win that :lol:

Had good results in doubles though. Not taking any titles, but doing well enough to finish as runner-up :p

This having been said, I am only a little above average in talent I guess. Tactically I am strong; physically I am weak. I have little power, but quite some mental power and I can read the game well. I can deal with power shots, and slice well. I can't deal with topspin at all! :eek:

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
CooCooCachoo said:
Well, I haven't played in ages :lol:

But when I used to be really active at my club, I would always win my matches in team competition (record of over 90% won) :lol: But in singles tournaments, I would always draw the toughest players :weirdo: Like once I participated in the regional championships, even though I knew I stood no chance :lol:, and I had to play the defending champion in the first round :help: Needless to say I only won one game :cuckoo: In The Netherlands we have this system that first round losers enter a consolation tournament though, and I would usually win that :lol:

Had good results in doubles though. Not taking any titles, but doing well enough to finish as runner-up :p

This having been said, I am only a little above average in talent I guess. Tactically I am strong; physically I am weak. I have little power, but quite some mental power and I can read the game well. I can deal with power shots, and slice well. I can't deal with topspin at all! :eek:

lol I once played this guy and he said playing my topspin forehand was like trying to hit lobs from the back of the court. Needless to say he pulled a muscle in his shoulder:lol:

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Havent played in a tourney for ages but i did win a match against my friend I won 6-7(11),6-3, 7-5 was down 5-3 third set!!

·
12,720 Posts
Won my areas u/17 singles title :p

1st round: 6-0 6-1
Quarters: 6-2 6-0
Semis: 6-4 7-5
Final: 6-3 6-2
All in one day :help:

Doubles tomorrow ;)

·
64,634 Posts
rightous said:
lol I once played this guy and he said playing my topspin forehand was like trying to hit lobs from the back of the court. Needless to say he pulled a muscle in his shoulder:lol:
:lol:

I just hate it :( I start mishitting everything :eek: :help:

·
12,720 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Well, I usually play against a friend. I am the better player although when he is in agood day we can have some good ralies. Last time I played him I won 6-1 3-0 and then we had to leave the court... Usually my victories are around 6-0 6-1 and 6-2 in the sets. In 4 years of playing together, the close he got was 7-5 twice in 2 days when I was just exhausted and my forehand was a mess.

In my tournaments, I played only four national university championships and my record is 1-4

My losses:
5-9
1-9
5-9
1-8

My victory: 8-5

My first losses were basically for inexperience but I faced some good oponents.
In my university I got to the semi-finals and lost to the eventual champion 6-3.

I also trained at Spain where I usually faced a good player. I won once and lost three times.

·
Registered
10,056 Posts
Last match:

Well, I went 5-3 up in the opening set, only to lose 4 games in a row...

Then in the second set my opponent's run of games continued, as he jumped out to a 5-0 lead :help: He had a couple of match points (not consecutively), but I managed to hold to at least avoid a bagel.

Somehow, I managed to win the next 6 games to win the set 7-5 :D

The decider was pretty comfortable - I won it 6-2 :)

N.B. - This was a Mario Power Tennis match :p

·
Banned
24,261 Posts
Well, due to an on going lower back injury I've quit playing singles in tournaments.

So the last two tournaments I played were only in doubles. I played both tournaments with different partners and reached the finals in both.

1st tournament:
Round Rubin matches won 7-6(0) 6-2 and a W/O
SF we won 4-6 7-6(6) 6-2, we were down 5-0 in the tiebreak :eek:
Final we lost 4-6 3-6

2nd tournament (draw of 16)
1st round won 6-1 6-3
QF won by W/O
SF won 6-4 7-6(5)
Final we lost 2-6 3-6

I always get dissapointed by the W/O wins... but aye, it happens. In the 2nd tournament's final my back was really killing me. Really couldn't serve. So now I'm taking a well deserved rest. We made some Runner-Up money and it was just nice to be out there playing again.

·
Banned
24,261 Posts
:lol: since I'm posting in here now anyway...

Played another tournament before the two mentioned above.
Played Mens Doubles (with yet again a different partner) and Mixed Doubles.

Mens Doubles:
both Round Rubin matches lost :(
6-7 4-6
7-5 6-7 5-7

Mixed Doubles:
both Round Rubin matches won :)
2-6 7-6 6-4
7-6 4-6 7-6
SF we had to give a W/O because I could not continue play due to my back.

All the TB's just got me in serious pain... three of the four matches were over 2,5 hours long.

·
Registered
25,442 Posts
I played tournament the last week:

Singles

1st Round 6/2-3/6-6/2
2nd Round 6/3-6/0
3rd Round 5/7-6/4-7/5
Quarter 3-6-6/2-6/3
Semis 1/6-1/6

·
Registered
15,450 Posts
Call It Magic said:
Am I the only loser on this board? :confused: I played a tennis match last Thursday and I lost 8-3 :shrug: It was my first time hitting the ball in a few weeks, so I did nbetter than I expected :eek:

My previous match, I won 7-5 6-3 (Saved 1 set point in the 1st :inlove: ) I lost one 0-6 2-6 :help: :sobbing: and I won the other 6-0 1-6 6-4 :bounce:
no you're not.

i just lost today. 6-3 6-4. so much for my 2 match winning streak. and i really tried today too!:mad:

·
She's coming for your faves wigs
18,237 Posts
i played in a tournament 1 month ago
Round 1:6-2 6-4
Round 2:6-1 4-6 6-3
QF:6-0 6-4
SF:7-5 6-2
F:3-6 3-6 :eek:

21 - 40 of 2434 Posts