Tennis Forum banner

341 - 346 of 346 Posts

·
Trainwreck
58,032 Posts
I am exactly the opposite, but then again many people in Poland are regardless of their self-esteem or ego. We are not are being raised in a champion's mentality like many Americans are for instance.
I suppose I should add for some I think the "screw you I'm perfect" mentality is a defense mechanism and they don't feel that way deep down. I was mostly talking about if you unknowingly have social habits that make you seem like a bitch or something, and someone points them out, it would be simply silly IMO not to take them into account. Been there done that and it is painful :tears:.

·
Premium Member
37,000 Posts
The three most overrated rock albums in history are (in order):

1) The Who - Who's Next
2) The Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
3) Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon

Note: These aren't the three worst albums in rock history (although "Who's Next is pretty rubbish) but the three most overrated.
Of all the albums usually topping the all time best lists (and there are a lot), the first that can't come as overrated to me is Pet Sounds. This one is really the kind of album I'm pretty sure to never change my mind about. You come to think "at least people agree on this one and it's right". I'm now waiting for a post hating on this album since it's the right thread. :eek:h:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Of all the albums usually topping the all time best lists (and there are a lot), the first that can't come as overrated to me is Pet Sounds. This one is really the kind of album I'm pretty sure to never change my mind about. You come to think "at least people agree on this one and it's right". I'm now waiting for a post hating on this album since it's the right thread. :eek:h:
In Honor of 50 Years of Pet Sounds: 30 Years of Pretending To Like Pet Sounds, A Minor Confession :eek:h:

·
Trainwreck
58,032 Posts
As a fan I agree. I prefer "The Beach Boys Today!" for albums, and it has no hugely personal favourite singles either, although "I Just Wasn't Made for These Times" is a personal theme :eek:h:.

·
Premium Member
37,000 Posts
Just read it and while reading it, kept thinking "and why the hell do you think your unability to love a record was worth an article?" :eek:h:

Pet Sounds has the details and the sum of the parts. The details are fascinating while the overall sounds like an enchanted cathedral.

And yes Aaron, Today! is superb too. If we have to compare it to Pet Sounds, I'd say the latter is more "baroque" sounding, more elevating and haunted.

341 - 346 of 346 Posts