Tennis Forum banner

321 - 340 of 381 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,278 Posts
I don't like sprints. I always favoured long-distance races.

The athletes with too muscular thighs are ridiculous, they look like chickens on steroids when they walk. Long-distance runners are the real kings and queens, much more natural runners.

·
Trainwreck
58,363 Posts
2010s will be seen as a lost decade when it comes to music classics, at least with the general public :p. Indie/internet scenes stronger than ever obvs.

·
Trainwreck
58,363 Posts
I like Led Zeppelin - I don't know why they get such a bad rap.
Immigrant Song is ace and they didn't steal it - that all their good songs are 'stolen' is haterade. I need to listen further though, they're one of the few classic rock bands I've only heard a little bit of.

·
Premium Member
39,278 Posts
I like Led Zeppelin - I don't know why they get such a bad rap.
Their early albums were badly recorded. The stereo effects on the second album (that starts with "Whole Lotta Love") didn't age well.

That and Plant's vocals aren't exactly the "real thing". He paved the way for all the goofy, super demonstrative vocals of hard rock that I utterly dislike. The best hard rock for me, comes from the transitional era between psychedelia and heavy metal. Many obscure LPs released between 1967 and 1972 were inspired, trippy, bizarre, free... it's called Heavy Psych*.

But Page was a great guitarist. He did a lot of entertaining work as a sideman and studio guitarist for many late 60s records. Can't deny that. And you have to give to Led Zep the fact they ventured in many musical territories, like it or not. I think their major work is Physical Graffiti. But I still can't warm up to Plant's vocals. Big bug for me.

On stage it was another matter. There's a 10mn long version of "Whole Lotta Love" that I watched on YT. Of course they do too much, but it makes for the show. Some moments are impressive. Well, that's 70s hard rock for ya.

* oh, and I enjoy some straight hard rock from early 70s Detroit too.

·
Trainwreck
58,363 Posts
When people mock you for something, it can hurt of course but I think it's worth considering if they have a point in that your life would maybe be better if you tried not do that thing, within reason of course. I feel like some people jump too automatically to this 'I'm perfect the way I am' way of thinking.

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
I listen to Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson. I like hearing all types of views left, right, whatever the case may be to make my own decisions. Sometimes we are swayed by media who take biased snippets out of speeches, lectures to push their own agenda. Hence you will also find me watching CNN, BCC, Fox, Sky, Al Jazeera, SABC, CCTV and others.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Why is listening to Jordan Peterson an unpopular opinion? We live in a crazy world.

·
Registered
116 Posts
There is no good in humans, we are all evil. The only two reasons why we get out of bed everyday are sex and war. Sometimes both in combination.

Epstein committed suicide.

Christiano Ronaldo is gay. If it was public knowledge, in no way
he wouldn't be loved and admired around the world. He loves fame
more than himself.

Kurt Cobain had a lot of suppressed anger issues, and in his teen age years he was a rapist. He then put his crimes into lyrics like Polly, rape me (anti-anti-rape song), Negative creep, In Bloom (raping a virgin) and only played the role of an advocate for women, when he became famous.

Criminal narcissists commit suicide.

Donald Trump is not a narcissist.

Way more people die from indoor air pollution than from "climate change".

China and USA will go to war together against Putin.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,396 Posts
The three most overrated rock albums in history are (in order):

1) The Who - Who's Next
2) The Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
3) Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon

Note: These aren't the three worst albums in rock history (although "Who's Next is pretty rubbish) but the three most overrated.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
The three most overrated rock albums in history are (in order):

1) The Who - Who's Next
2) The Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
3) Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon

Note: These aren't the three worst albums in rock history (although "Who's Next is pretty rubbish) but the three most overrated.
:unsure:

Who's Next is the only album of those I have. Sure Limp Bizkit ruined a song on the album. And a tv show ruined another...

·
Registered
30,652 Posts
There is no good in humans, we are all evil. The only two reasons why we get out of bed everyday are sex and war. Sometimes both in combination.

Epstein committed suicide.

Christiano Ronaldo is gay. If it was public knowledge, in no way

he wouldn't be loved and admired around the world. He loves fame

more than himself.

Kurt Cobain had a lot of suppressed anger issues, and in his teen age years he was a rapist. He then put his crimes into lyrics like Polly, rape me (anti-anti-rape song), Negative creep, In Bloom (raping a virgin) and only played the role of an advocate for women, when he became famous.

Criminal narcissists commit suicide.

Donald Trump is not a narcissist.

Way more people die from indoor air pollution than from "climate change".

China and USA will go to war together against Putin.
Truly a post worthy of this thread :bowdown:

·
Trainwreck
58,363 Posts
I'm really struggling to record vocals for my latest song (amateur self-recording musician lol), I've not made it hard to sing note-wise but it just never seems to sound right with my 'usual' way of singing, so it kinda makes me realize I think even though there are obviously exceptions for at least moments within songs (like when someone's obviously trying to cram a lot of notes into a certain part Beyonce-style) I don't really believe in the idea of 'affected' VS 'unaffected' singing that a lot of analytical music fans and critics seem to have. If you try recording 'unaffected' and it's fine but still sounds 'wrong' for the song, what are you gonna do? You gotta try a different approach :p.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,396 Posts
I dislike Meryl Streep as an actress. She overacts half of the time and she bugs me a lot.
Agree with this. She has never been a favourite with me either and her acting has always seemed forced and affected. The other actress from an earlier era that I would say the same thing about is Katherine Hepburn. When the part was just right both Streep and Hepburn have given fine performances, I can't deny that. But I would always prefer more understated actresses like Barbara Stanwyck, Claudette Colbert, Carole Lombard, Myrna Loy, Audrey Hepburn and Jean Arthur. I find these actresses way more believable and real.

I love screwball comedies and Bringing Up Baby is one of the best of that genre. But I always think how much better it could have been if Carole Lombard, an actress who was a natural for screwball comedy and farce, had taken Hepburn's place, or failing that, Irene Dunne who had an amazing chemistry with the film's lead actor Cary Grant.

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
When people mock you for something, it can hurt of course but I think it's worth considering if they have a point in that your life would maybe be better if you tried not do that thing, within reason of course. I feel like some people jump too automatically to this 'I'm perfect the way I am' way of thinking.
I am exactly the opposite, but then again many people in Poland are regardless of their self-esteem or ego. We are not are being raised in a champion's mentality like many Americans are for instance.

321 - 340 of 381 Posts