Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a heap..

I love the bit in Ghost when Patrick Swayzee is annoying Whoopi Goldberg, while she is walking down the street in an awful silk number...Walking bandy legged, hitchin her dress up..her hat falling to the side telling Patrick to fuck off, unfortunately no one could see him but her :D

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
my fav scene was when shirley temple`s dad went away in the little princess and she spoke a little poem, that was touching.
and I also loved the scenes in the weddingsinger in the plane(okee I love all scenes in these movie:D)

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well you could never have a thread like this and not mention Bette Davis and that Staircase and that Line :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
(Tim :hearts: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: )

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
'Aliens'...when Ripley says to the queen "Get away from her , you B!TCH".......just said with such authority , and a heroine...i just luv girls that kick butt!

and boy oh boy does she proceed to kick butt , with a Lleytonesque 'C'mon' also thrown in during the heat of the battle..

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the scenes in "Exorcist"...sigh...that was a true horror movie :bounce:

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Adrian, I just love you. That is my FAV movie of all time. I love the scene when the preist first walks in and she says. "Your mother is in here with us, would u like to leave a message? I'll be sure she gets it. Truely gives me chills every time.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
The bit in The Princess Bride when Inigo is killing the man with the missing finger. "Hallo! My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!" "Will you stop saying that!"

Classic!

also the opening sequence of Clueless with Cher picking out her clothes from the computer screen "actually I have a way normal life for a teenage girl". "my mother died in a freak accident during a routine liposuction" etc

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Also I love the scene in "The Witches of Eastwick" where the pastor of the town, his wife becomes possessed by some type of force and one nite while they were reading in front of the fire, she gets up and starts touching herself and saying, Clyde, hes trying to get inside me, take me over, he's trying to get inside me, just like a man.

That movie is classic

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Hell Night" is my favorite.......still see Linda Blair stuck on those gates......The gates were a shape of an M, but spiked...Lida Blair was totally horizontially spiked :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Oh yeah, Hell Night, a classic among 80's horror films. They just dont make 'em like that anymore. I especailly loved the scene when they were in the basement and the monster was chasing them. The camera was behind Linda and the guy, it was shaking and u had the view of the monster. Very good:)

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
The Color Purple when the two sister's are seperated. I cried for 20 minutes.

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I actually had respect for Oprah Winfrey in that movie...shame she sold out.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Oprah was actually really good in "Beloved" as well. She is a very good actress, but like you said.........

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
the scene in the color purple where sophia was shown in prison was very impressive but that scene at the table were she suddenly was her old strong self again was a little unreal, even if I understood that then theme of the movie was that women survive in the end!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I think that scene was probably the most important. It showed not only Sophia was strong but Celie as well. I belive that Celie imspired Sohia to be stong again with her determination to leave her husband. It was actually kinda imspiring.

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unfortunately , it sort of came across as easy in the end and in real life it never is........

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
True, but I heard that the African American community was giving Steven Spelburg a hard time with the movie. I suppose that he felt he needed an inspirational ending to the movie. I do agree that it changed the mood of the movie, but its Hollywood, what is "real" there? lol

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep..so true...

i loved the seen from Steel Magnolias, when the husband is shooting the birds in the tree..the 2 sons are running wild...Sally field, in curlers is trying to get together a wedding feast...Olympia dukaksis don't give a shit..Dolly Parton is running around doing everyones hair and Shirley McLaine has just been in a bad mood for 40 years....:bounce: :bounce: :kiss: :kiss:

ok..I melded it a bit ;)

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I also heard that many people of the black community left the cinema during the movie because of the way black men where described.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts