Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is probably revisiting an old thread, but it's interesting to hear everyone's favorite match point- and since the game is still in motion- you may have a new one. Here's mine:

1992 Wimbledon Final: Graf hits an ace, and yells "JA!"

· Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
irma said:
steffi hit a beautiful forehand dropshot volley and when steffi raised her arms the thunder came!
Oh yeah. You know, I still wonder why Monica didn't go down the line with her pass, she more or less hit it straight to Steffi- not that I'm complaining, because the storm was right there after the match was over- what an incredible award ceremony!

· I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
48,281 Posts
1990 French Open Final.
1991 Australian Open Final.
1991 French Open Final.
1991 US Open Final.
1992 Australian Open Final.
1992 French Open Final.
1992 US Open Final.
1993 Australian Open Final.
1996 Australian Open Final.

· Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seles said:
1990 French Open Final.
1991 Australian Open Final.
1991 French Open Final.
1991 US Open Final.
1992 Australian Open Final.
1992 French Open Final.
1992 US Open Final.
1993 Australian Open Final.
1996 Australian Open Final.
You really need to stop your shameless plugging Steffi Graf so much, it's most unbecomming! :lol:

· Registered
2,745 Posts
Knizzle said:
Wimby 2000 Venus vs. Hingis. Venus hits a 118 mph ace out wide and then yells, UUUUHHHHHAAAAA!!! and jumps in the air. That ace sounded like a gunshot. I may have a video clip of it.

Aaaah. I found it.

http://home.comcast.net/~bill.knight1/VenusHingiswimby.rpm

okay, watching that was the most enjoyable 2 minutes I have had in quite a while...
thank you so much..
brings me back to the good ol days...

· Registered
2,745 Posts
most recently:
Oz Open 2001 I think Hingis serves to Jenny's backhand and jenny just wallops it back for a winner, no?

Wimby 2000 is right up there too.

... I gotta go back and watch Knizzles video again.. >

· Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kart said:
Get over it :p.

Some of us don't have as many wins to chose from and have to take what we've got.
Hey, I remember being genuinely happy for her- even though I don't think she thought it was good, and Graf was always a fair player when it came to line calls. The celebration smile was great! :bounce:

· Registered
47,657 Posts
RAA said:
okay, watching that was the most enjoyable 2 minutes I have had in quite a while...
thank you so much..
brings me back to the good ol days...
With what program can I play them with?!

· Registered
4,880 Posts
yeah jenny hit a winning backhand down the line!
But I loved her 2002 matchpoint when Hingis looked so devasted , though she hit quite a good wide serve, cappy hit an amazing forehand straight into the right corner---- priceless!

· Registered
19,459 Posts
I'm not trying to start anything, but I don't think that Capriati hit that ball that hard at the AO 2001 match point. Either Hingis had given up or maybe Jenny's disguise was too good on the backhand because Hingis seemed frozen.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.