Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
6,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this might be a fun thread.

I wanted you guys to post highlights or suggest some of the "lesser known" draggings that have happened on tour, not the famous ones i.e. AO Final 07, IW SF double bagel.

Even more so if they were unexpected.

One of my favorites is the 2013 AO SF: Li df. Sharpova 6-2, 6-2. Pova was crusing to the semis and the Li randomly DRAGGED. THAT. ASS. 6-2 6-2. Probably one of the best matches Li played but she was just letting Maria have it, winner after winner.

Or when JJ randomly dragged Safina in the Cincy final in 09 6-4, 6-2. Vintage JJ showed up and just let Safina have it :inlove:

What are some of your favorites guys? :)

·
always getting what i want
17,708 Posts
Pironkova DRAGGING Venus twice at Wimbledon and letting her have it!

·
Registered
21,333 Posts
GOATrena in no mercy-mode, as she was in the semi against vika before. it still hurts even thinking about... :tears:
As much as some Maria fans get really annoyed about this result, as I did for a while :eek:, it's more a masterclass by Serena than an awful performance by Maria (maybe that makes it worse though :lol:)

We could fill a whole thread with Maria getting beatdowns :sobbing:

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
An actual lesser known dragging (the secret to find one is, it's not a Grand slam final :facepalm:).

Robson vs Radwanska Madrid 2013

Laura was having a mostly terrible year up until this point, and then randomly she dragged Aga out of her skull. Ok, it was on clay, but still.. Aga seemed to have a good game plan at first but then from 4-3 in the first set, it all fell apart and she only won one more game.. 6-3, 6-1.

·
Premium Member
13,966 Posts
This is obviously the pinnacle of draggings though;

Pova was crying like her test just came back positive.
While it's an absolute beauty, I'm not sure it qualifies as "lesser known" :lol:

I don't know if you can call 6-3 6-3 a "dragging", but when it's over inside of an hour and the loser's played really well but the winner's clocked up 37 winners and just 7 UEs, it probably counts. I was lucky enough to have a ringside seat for this one.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts