Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 108 Posts
Once I fought back from 5-0 in the third set saving 4 match points at 5-3! In third set tie break I was down 4-1! Final score was 6-2 4-6 7-6(6)!
My biggest choke is when I was up 4-0 and 40-30 in the third set! Didn't have any match point! Lost that time 7-5 1-6 7-6(4)!

I was down 3-6, 2-5, 3 MP, saved those, got to a tiebreak, down 4 more match points, saved those. In the third set, I was down 4-5, down 2 MP and saved those and came back to win 3-6, 7-6(6), 7-5

in my local clubs tournament final i was down 4-6, 4-5, 15-40, saved the 2 mp's and won the 2nd set 7-5 to then go 0-4 down in the 3rd set. my opponent got tired and i ground out 6 straight games for a 2.30+ hour final win.

This sounds epic. :worship:
Yeah...on a normal day, I would have crushed this guy, but I was just so nervous playing my first match at first singles, that I was kind of distracted. He had literally....no weapons....apart from foot speed and he was taught to slice everything.

My best comeback in a tournament was:
It was the first round of my tourny last year, I was down 5-3 in first, came back to 6-5 then lost 7-6, in the tiebreak I led 4-1 and then was down 6-4, I had no set points.
I won the second, and then went down 2 breaks in the third at 4-1 and then was down 5-3, rolled off the next 4 games for the win. My forehand and serve were non-existent, so my backhand saved me:hearts:

Against ITZ, I am sure I had better ones, but I can't remember.

Another fun one from a match was I won the first set in a tiebreak 7-6, lost the second 6-0, and took the third in a match tiebreak. I was exhausted in the second after that long first set, so I tanked.:lol:

Me and my brother (tennisbuddy12) played a doubles match against a top 8 High school tennis team and were down 3-6,2-5 (or 3-5)...we somehow managed to get to 5-5 before going down 5-6 and then won the set 7-6(4). In hot conditions we went down 3-5 and came back to a tiebreak in which i served 2 aces in a row to tie it at 6-6 before we won 3-6,7-6(4),7-6(6).

I think we saved like 4 match points in that match..

Also I was down in the SF of a tournament 6-2,2-1 and i was serving 0-40 2nd serve..i was nervous and hot and i took a breather and won the second 6-3 and the 10-point tiebreaker i saved 4 mp and won 2-6,6-3,[15-13] against a very good rival..i played him the following week and was down 1-6,0-2,0-40 and down 4-2 in third and won 1-6,6-2,6-4 :lol:

In recent memory I would say last month I came back after thinking I was done for in the second set.
I was trailing an opponent who I rarely win sets against (let alone matches) 4-6, 2-4 but managed to win the match 4-6, 7-5, 6-0. The final set (bagel) was a pretty big confidence booster for me.

From 5-7, 3-5 0-30 to 5-7, 7-6(4), 6-4..I also was 3-5 down in first and 0-3 down in tiebreak in second...I had also few similar maybe bigger comebacks but I already don´t remeber the score

I've been down 6-1 0-5 10-40 won the 2nd 7-6(6) after saving 9sps
0-5 40-AD, won the set 7-5
Saved 12sps down 1-5 15-40 won the set 7-6(5) in 1hr 50min :rolls: but lost the match 6-7 6-1 10-8 :(

I was down 4-6, 0-5 and he was serving for the match; but I broke the serve and come back on that set, then won the match. It was the most amazing match I have ever played and probably I will never ever play anything like that again :)

It was an important match for my club. I was down 2-6 6-2 *0-4, came back to *5-4, lost serve and was down *5-6, won the tiebreak and the match 7-5.

I have some good comebacks through the years (hey, I'm nearing 50!), including from a set and 5-0 down, saving multiple match points along the way, and then rallying again in a third set. I've lost my share of those matches, too, not always because I choked -- sometimes, the guy just starts playing lights-out tennis. My best comeback was in a high school match in my junior year against a guy who had beaten me in straight sets the first time we played. This time, I played him even and got to a third-set tie-break. This was the mid 1970s, and we played the nine-point, sudden-death tie-breaker. I went down 4-0, facing five straight match points. I saved them all and won the match!

In my 4.0 league final, I lost the first set 3-6 and it wasn't even close. I could only return 1 of his serve the entire set and barely held on to mine for three games. It wasn't even that I was playing badly. His serve has just on a whole different level. It has so much spin and more pace than any serves I've face before. I swear he was serving pro level because 95 percent of his second serves were right on the line.

I just hanged in there got some serves back, and won the second and third set 6-2 6-1

Down 6-2 5-2, won 2-6 7-5 6-2 :cheer:

In doubles, my team was down 4-0 in the third set, and we won it in a tie-break :worship:

I didn't win the match, but I was down 6-2 4-1 playing my usual hit and miss, ball-bashing game. I thought I would change it up and play some pathetic pushing tennis (not like me at all, and even more unusual as I move maybe a step quicker then Maria, on clay, when it's damp.) It worked and I won the second set by 6-4 and had multiple match points in the MTB where my pushing got me in trouble as I didn't have the balls to go for my shots on my MP's and ended up losing 12-10. :hysteric:

21 - 40 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.