Tennis Forum banner

Y/N

• yupyup, she is famous for sure

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • nope, she is not blonde, so......too bad

Votes: 5 25.0%

You think Jelena Dokic will make the Gold Exempt List for 2004?

647 views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Viva 
#1 ·
funny how i almost forgot her:)
anyways, after achieving so much in the last 2 years,
you think WTA will take her in for the lsit?

#3 ·
I realize the thread is funny, but IMO, Anna's injury gets the tour out of a quandry for '04. Had she been playing regularly, she almost surely would have lost the Gold, and perhaps not even gotten a Silver. I presume they can apply the protected ranking from her last WTA event re. '04 WC's without having to take the heat changing the rules would have, er, "entailed" :p right?

#4 ·
I thought it said Gold Coast.

Yes she will shes a name, with an infamous father. People will pay to see her.

#5 ·
Yes, she should. I've never much cared for her but I've seen her at Eastbourne and Toronto and the public like her: she's a 'name'. Even Sam Smith said on Eurosport yesterday that she's still thought of by the other players as a Top Tenner, and people DO want to see her play.

#9 ·
JollyRoger said:
I realize the thread is funny, but IMO, Anna's injury gets the tour out of a quandry for '04. Had she been playing regularly, she almost surely would have lost the Gold, and perhaps not even gotten a Silver. I presume they can apply the protected ranking from her last WTA event re. '04 WC's without having to take the heat changing the rules would have, er, "entailed" :p right?
Right that's how it works does it? :rolleyes:

Do us a favour next time you want to make a comment about some rules, atleast try and have some understanding of how they work, because what you have said above shows that you don't have a clue.

BTW they don't need to change the rules next year so Anna can be included on the GE list, she already qualifies to be considered for one of the 4 WC's available, just like Jelena Dokic has also.

BTW I am one of the so called " baggage" that has to be carried from kournikova.com. Oh yes I am sure you remember making that comment. As those we Anna fans don't have a clue :rolleyes:

#13 ·
AJ, I thought it was Top 50 after the USO for Gold and Top 100 for Silver. If I'm wrong, I can admit it, so please state what the policy is. And I get along fine with most Anna fans, though I feel she's ova-marketed by "Anna, Inc." If you want to carry the burden of acting like a spoiled brat until selesrules returns, be my guest please.

#15 ·
JollyRoger said:
AJ, I thought it was Top 50 after the USO for Gold and Top 100 for Silver. If I'm wrong, I can admit it, so please state what the policy is. And I get along fine with most Anna fans, though I feel she's ova-marketed by "Anna, Inc." If you want to carry the burden of acting like a spoiled brat until selesrules returns, be my guest please.
1. Don't insult me, by placing me in a category with selesrules.
2. If you get along so well with Anna fans then what was with your comment that you made, regarding the excess baggage that jojo and steam have to carry from the other board? (Selesrules doesn't post there)

3. To answer your question the top 16 players after the US open get automatic gold exemption, there are 4 WC's available (to be decided by tournament directors) and to be eligible for one of those 4 WC's you either have done the following. Be ranked inside the top 50 (after the US open) Be a former GS winner (you get unlimited WC's anyway, even if you don't get on the GE list) Or be a former 10 top player (year end ranking) - that's where Anna qualifies to be considered for GE.

BTW If you get on the list or are a former GS winner and are entitled to unlimited WC's, it doesn't actually mean you will always get a WC if you don't automatically make the cut-off entry or enter the event after the deadline. It all depends on the tournament directors at each of the tournaments.

#16 ·
ajayares said:
BTW If you get on the list or are a former GS winner and are entitled to unlimited WC's, it doesn't actually mean you will always get a WC if you don't automatically make the cut-off entry or enter the event after the deadline. It all depends on the tournament directors at each of the tournaments.
former TOP 10? i thought it was just former GS winners, oh well:)
but when it comes to Anna Kournikova, which tournament
directors will be stupid enough to turn it down :rolleyes:
I LOVE YOU ANNA :hearts: :hearts: :)

#17 ·
Who is Jelena playing for? Is it Serbia?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.