Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You're walking along the beach and you see an old tennis ball can lying embedded in the sand. You pick it up, rub the sand off, and a genie pops out.

"I am the Tennis Genie!" he announces. "For releasing me from my imprisonment, I shall grant you one tennis-related wish."

"Just one?" you ask. "There's so much I'd like to happen."

"Don't be greedy," the Tennis Genie says. "If wishes were plentiful, they wouldn't be valuable. One -- AND ONLY ONE -- is all you get.

"Rules:

1. You can't wish for more wishes.

2. You can't wish for the past to be changed.

3. You can only wish for something related to tennis.

4. If you wish for a tennis player to fall in love with you or lust after you, not only will it not come true, I'll disfigure some part of your body, chosen at random.

5. I will not grant any wish that's too grand in scope. For example, wishing for a certain player to 'win every tournament she plays for the rest of her life' is just not happening. Be specific.

6. If you try to trick me into more than one wish, then the offer is withdrawn and you don't get any at all, and I will say, 'Too bad, so sad.'

"And finally, one word of advice," the Tennis Genie says, and he leans over you menacingly. "Be very, very careful what you wish for.

"So," he asks. "What's your one wish?"

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,020 Posts
I want to be a Wimbledon Champion watching every WTA Grand Slam from now on being played nude.. :)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
serena and venus to meet in the finals of the next five grandslams with serena winning all of their meetings through oz '04 and venus winning french '04.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Can I get one more wish please?

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Obviously, my wish would be for Monica to win her 10th grandslam this year, at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ys said:
I want to be a Wimbledon Champion watching every WTA Grand Slam from now on being played nude.. :)
Genie says: "Far, far too big in scope. But I like it. Hmmm. Let me get back with you on that."

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
For Amelie to be number three in the world and monica number 4 and chanda number 5.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ys said:
Okay, the Tennis Genie has come to a decision.

"If you had asked for the ability to see through the players' clothes as if they were nude, that would have been fine.

But you tried to become a Wimbledon Champion as well as watching players nude. That's a double-wish attempt, so you get nuttin'. Too bad, so sad."

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Spirit said:
Only if you find another genie.

Your first was too big, anyway. ;)
That is one wish. Richard Williams got his, why can't I get mine?

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Spirit said:
It's the wish lawsuits. They've just gotten so out of hand.
lol

i wish kournikova believed in herself and had the mentality to win... so she can play like she once did.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
maccardel said:
That is one wish.
"I never said it wasn't," the Genie replies. "I said it was too big. A single player winning a single tournament, I can grant. But when you start reaching for multiple tournaments, you ask too much."

maccardel said:
Richard Williams got his, why can't I get mine?
"Richard sold his soul to the Devil for a pair of tennis champion daughters, a Mustang convertible and the solution to the Rubik's cube. Since I was not a party to that transaction, I couldn't possibly comment on it."

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seriously, folks, I did this because in our wish threads, we usually list everything we want, like a Christmas list for Santa Claus.

I was curious to know what people would ask for if they could only have one thing, like a child who wants a toy but can only buy one. If you absolutely had to narrow it down to a single thing, what would it be? That's all I was really trying to accomplish. ;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts