Tennis Forum banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
It's funny reading this thread most of the things mentioned have to do with how we all our one big ball of nerves when it comes to watchin' our girl.

The funny thing is that through this second reign of hers as the top player in the sport I'm a lot more relaxed. A lot of my superstitions are no more- I feel at ease when I watch her and when she does lose it doesn't hurt as much. More than ever before I can focus and just look forward to her next match.

Even at this years French, considering Serena had a match point and considering it's the slam I'm most anxious to see her win again- I still dealt with that loss rather good. I put my energy into Wimbledon the second she was out of the French.

Thanks Serena for making me a much more sane fan, her health, heart, and fight has finally, after all these years, relaxed me!
Excellent post, Sir Stefwhit-my feelings exactly.:lol: I can get anxious a little, but I am light years away from where I was. I am just enjoying seeing the journey of the greatest female tennis player to ever play the game of tennis.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
It's funny reading this thread most of the things mentioned have to do with how we all our one big ball of nerves when it comes to watchin' our girl.

The funny thing is that through this second reign of hers as the top player in the sport I'm a lot more relaxed. A lot of my superstitions are no more- I feel at ease when I watch her and when she does lose it doesn't hurt as much. More than ever before I can focus and just look forward to her next match.

Even at this years French, considering Serena had a match point and considering it's the slam I'm most anxious to see her win again- I still dealt with that loss rather good. I put my energy into Wimbledon the second she was out of the French.

Thanks Serena for making me a much more sane fan, her health, heart, and fight has finally, after all these years, relaxed me!
FO and Wimbledon being so close help us so much get over those devastating losses at the FO.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
You know you're a Serena fan when she wins a grand slam (like today) and you feel like your day will be the best day EVER!!
I feel like right now I can do anything. Run around the neighborhood, skip through a field, fly ; anything.

·
Member of Rena's Army
16,176 Posts
when you put Serena 1st in front of other important things such as family and friends lol!! Like if a friend needs to talk to you about something and you tell them it'll have to wait because I am watching Serena right now. :lol:
Be careful. What I'm about to tell you might look extreme to you. But Don't ever do that. Sometimes we tend to underestimate the help our friend needs. Like that friend of mine called me not a long time ago and asked me to come over cuz (s)he didnt feel right...It was 3 am in the morning. At first I wanted to say like I'll be there a little later, I need some sleep. But then I thought about it and to make a short story of it. I know now that this friend might not be here now. It was a serious depression. (S)he was about to commit suicide...and I'm not kidding. Remember one thing. You care about Serena personaly, she doesn't. She cares about her FANS but not you personaly. Your friend does.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Be careful. What I'm about to tell you might look extreme to you. But Don't ever do that. Sometimes we tend to underestimate the help our friend needs. Like that friend of mine called me not a long time ago and asked me to come over cuz (s)he didnt feel right...It was 3 am in the morning. At first I wanted to say like I'll be there a little later, I need some sleep. But then I thought about it and to make a short story of it. I know now that this friend might not be here now. It was a serious depression. She was about to commit suicide...and I'm not kidding. Remember one thing. You care about Serena personaly, she doesn't. She cares about her FANS but not you personaly. Your friend does.
Good point.

Sometimes we are so caught up in the moment that we forget about the people who are closest to us and mean a lot more to us.

·
Premium Member
26,630 Posts
Be careful. What I'm about to tell you might look extreme to you. But Don't ever do that. Sometimes we tend to underestimate the help our friend needs. Like that friend of mine called me not a long time ago and asked me to come over cuz (s)he didnt feel right...It was 3 am in the morning. At first I wanted to say like I'll be there a little later, I need some sleep. But then I thought about it and to make a short story of it. I know now that this friend might not be here now. It was a serious depression. (S)he was about to commit suicide...and I'm not kidding. Remember one thing. You care about Serena personaly, she doesn't. She cares about her FANS but not you personaly. Your friend does.
Wow, that's important to keep in mind even though it may be hard on us because we get so wrapped up in Serena. I'm glad you were there for your friend! :hug: :awww:

·
Golden State Of Mind
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
:lol: You know you're a Serena fan when you have a chant you believe is sent through the cosmos and headed straight to Serena, helping her get out of a 15-40 hole.
With Serena back full time now, I have to dust off and work on my chants :wink2:

Serena will be back in the winner's spot and we all will too with our superstitious selves.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
This thread!

You know you're a Serena fan when you're down MP and hit an inside out FH return winner and give your opponent the look she gave Dopapova.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
When that person I've never seen posted, opened the SW19 thread I thought what bad luck for Rena. :lol:
I was kinda upset.. but the kept winning so it seemed like it didn't matter. I hope this person doesn't do the US Open thread. :lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
When that person I've never seen posted, opened the SW19 thread I thought what bad luck for Rena. :lol:
I was kinda upset.. but the kept winning so it seemed like it didn't matter. I hope this person doesn't do the US Open thread. :lol::lol:
I know I didn’t want to say anything at the time, but yeah :lol:

161 - 170 of 170 Posts