Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought it this sprinmg. I really didnt like it the first couple of days, because I had to get used to it but i am loving it right now. It is supposed to be a racket that creates much power. I chosed a Babolat string (25/23) but somehow this racket gives you control. It has a huge sweetspot and so its easy to control the ball if you are an advanced player. Its really a great racket and nowe i nearlyh ave the control I had with the RD-Ti 80 which was a great racket, too. But now i can exert a lot of more pressure on my opponent what means thazt althouigh I have a bit less control my game and results improved quite a lot.

Does anyone else have experiences with this racket?

Reactions: gorecki

·
Registered
39,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*bump*

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is it the 100 or 107 sq inch? You know Monica uses this now, right? I think she uses the smaller one.

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
You know I would have got this one but the Mp2i is cheaper and is almost the same raquet so I got that one.

·
Registered
39,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a black/white one. I think its the 107 one. Its great. Its more than "just" a power racket as soon as u get used to it and if u are in a good shape what is absolutely necessairy.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Both of them look exactly the same. It should say whether it's the oversize or the midsize. No biggie just wondering. They even have the same number of strings.

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
Isnt the black and white one the Yonex V-con 20?

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
00seles04 said:
Both of them look exactly the same. It should say whether it's the oversize or the midsize. No biggie just wondering. They even have the same number of strings.
Yonex have weird sizes like the RDX series is midsize mid plus super mid plus :S

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ya I don't have a yonex so I'm not sure if they even put the specs on the racquet itself like wilsons and prince and other racquets do. I'm guessing a 100 sq. in would be more super mid-plus (typically mid plus is around 95-98 sq. in)..107 should be an oversize version.

As for the color, it should be lime green, silver, and white (i think). I don't recall it being white and black. Anyway, here's the link to yonex's v-con racquets
http://yonex.com/tennis_vcon.cfm

·
Registered
39,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe i was wrong and i have the 20. sorry.

·
Registered
17,733 Posts

·
Registered
39,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh its 117!!!

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
You know for raquets aimed at beginners and casual players they cost an awful lot. :confused:

·
Registered
39,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are expensive yes, but I am a bit progressed adn had success with another Yonex. Maybe the Babolat is better for those players.

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
Well they are expensive to but Yonex aim the V-Con series at beginners (cos beginners should look to use a raquet with frame of between 100" to 110".

·
Registered
39,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No no, dont use this one then please!!! I needed time to get used to it and to control it. Sztart with the RD-Ti 80, its perfect for beginners!!!

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
Im suing the MP-2I the raquet that Kournikova and Gagliardi are using atm.

·
Registered
39,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I see. I never played it. What skills do u have with it?

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
Well it says it gives control to the power player, which I can say it does, I was previously using the Wilson H6 and I was useless with that. I dont have much skill anyway so i find it suits my style better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts