Tennis Forum banner

Do you own a playstation 2?

• Yes, Of Course!

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • No, Don't want it!

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I want one, but can't afford it!

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I am going to sell a kidney for one If I have to!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With WTA TOUR TENNIS (Climax Tennis in Japan) making its debut March 5th (that game has 20 almost all the top 20 beauties save Venus, Anna and Amelie) on the Playstation 2. It is a tennis simulator-so you can take your player all over the world in a season for the number one rank! Features real tournament venues including the grand slams! It will also be the first tennis game for the PS2. Reviews from the WTA game have produced very high marks.

Late March brings yet another tennis game to the Playstation 2. Smash Court Tennis featuring Anna, Martina, Lindsay, Monica, Pete, Andre, Patrick and Yevgeny. This one looks to be more like the first Virtua Tennis for Dreamcast...Very arcade like with no world tour mode.

A third tennis game will be released in April...but that one is Tennis 2k2 from dreamcast, just ported over to the Playstation 2!

The graphics look good, but the options look a bit weak. Here are some shots from the Smash Court Tennis game.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,196 Posts
What about the one with Dokic on the cover?? Its out in Japan and supposedly is amazing...:eek:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one with Dokic on the cover is the WTA one being released in the States on March 5th. That one looks really good and the reviews are good as well.

The WTA TENNIS game has spent almost 2 years in development! Last year, they had a close final copy, and you may have seen some preliminary screen shots. Konami was not very happy with the game, so they completely overhauled the game, they got Jelena and other players for motion capturing, and enhanced the game. The game now looks substantially different, much better. I personally cannot wait for this game to come out!

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
The crucial thing for me is this...Julie HD appeared in the original game...does she still appear in the overhauled one???

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Release date in uk was delayed from 8feb - 22feb :fiery:

;)

but no worries as i have already bought mine in advance :D
Can't wait 'till i get to play it!!

:p :D

(i'm talking bout wta tennis tour of course ;))

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I don't get to play it anymore:sad: 'cause I'm always on this board.

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
yeah i have a ps2 and am looking forward to these.....seeing i only ever use it for the dvd playback! the crap to good game ratio on ps2 is too high imo , esp compared to dreamcast

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
The "roster"of the new WTA game in the states is:
Martina Hingis
Serena
Lindsay Davenport
Monica Seles
Jennifer Capriati
Jelena Dokic
Kim Clijsters
Justine Henin
Elena Dementieva
Alex Stevenson
Amanda Coetzer
Sandrine Testud
Anke Huber
Arantxa Sanchez
Lina Krasnoroutskaya
Ai Sugiyama
Katarina Srebotnik
Shinobu Asagoe
Cara Black
Mirjana Lucic
and that's it,in the first one Julie Halard,Yuka Yoshida and Dominque Van Roost were in it!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts