Tennis Forum banner

441 - 449 of 449 Posts

·
Registered
113,395 Posts
There were also a handful of incredibly emotional points last night. I've never seen Serena play live before, and it is such a thrill to witness her passion. And in a stadium like the Singapore Indoor Stadium, it's really exhilarating. And I'm glad that Caroline - when she saved that amazing MP - added to that atmosphere with her own emotions.
This was a much better match than their US Open final.
Wozniacki not only served for the match, she had break point to serve for it again and netted a backhand, then Serena had a let cord that could have put Wozniacki up 5-1 in the tiebreak if it fell the other way. Cant have a much closer match

·
Registered
33,473 Posts

·
Registered
32,945 Posts
It was gone by one hit. Most of them will go after just one. She just continued going because there was much more anger inside. :shrug:

I think Agassi broke one once and he didn't even put any force in :spit:
Yeah Carillo said that earlier in the week Lindsay said that Wilson rackets were difficult to break. :lol: I guess they need a pissed off Rena.

·
Registered
32,945 Posts
How long before Piotr tells Caro to unfriend Serena after multiple close matches and still can't beat Serena?
That won't happen plus it won't change a thing.

·
Registered
40,091 Posts
This was a much better match than their US Open final.
Wozniacki not only served for the match, she had break point to serve for it again and netted a backhand, then Serena had a let cord that could have put Wozniacki up 5-1 in the tiebreak if it fell the other way. Cant have a much closer match
I agree.
I already watched this match twice, and can't get enough of it.
They played each point really well.
I saw no let down from either player, especially in the last 2 sets.

·
Registered
33,473 Posts
I agree.
I already watched this match twice, and can't get enough of it.
They played each point really well.
I saw no let down from either player, especially in the last 2 sets.
Agreed.
Finally watched this match in its entirety and was extremely impressed with Wozniacki
I'd never seen her play so many shot from an aggressively offensive position before.
Was dully impressed with her mental disposition as well.
Changing ones technique is so much easier than altering ones mental game, but she's done both. :worship:
For Serena's part, I am encouraged by her demeanor and her approach to this match. It may well be due to her friendship with Wozniacki, but she really maintained her focus throughout. She came out firing from the very beginning and ended strong.
Can't wait for the Final, because Serena will likely be incredibly focused from the moment the ump signals "play".
Will the Final be just as riveting as this match?
We can only hope.

·
Registered
867 Posts
2014Wozniacki was amazing. This match is one of her best even though she lost a match.

For Me, I think 2017Wozniacki is her best performance in over all. follow by 2014 and 2010.

441 - 449 of 449 Posts