Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
25,925 Posts
Nicely done, GoDominique :)
I already have this file on my desktop ;)

I think you just forgot to delete those numbers on row 39/40/42/44
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Great chart GD - thanks for all the work!! :)

(btw - what does YEC actually stand for?? - i know its a dumb question - but i have no idea - is it 'Year End Championship' or something??? lol :lol: )
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
26,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kes said:
Great chart GD - thanks for all the work!! :)

(btw - what does YEC actually stand for?? - i know its a dumb question - but i have no idea - is it 'Year End Championship' or something??? lol :lol: )
That's correct. :) And please get the latest version of my chart. ;)
 

·
GIMME SHELTER
Joined
·
48,186 Posts
Hallo GoDo ! :wavey:

Hab gestern verzweifelt versucht noch schnell aus Deiner Tabelle und einer von meinen auch ne Ranglisten-Tabelle mit aktuellem Stand zu machen. Ist nur so +/- geglückt. Aber mit Deinen "Wenn(zählenwenn..." -Funktionen hast Du einfach alles und Dich selbst übertroffen :worship: :worship: :worship:

Danke, echt klasse !
 
  • Like
Reactions: GoDominique

·
Honorary Admin
Joined
·
99,346 Posts
Thks for the .xls but i found a mistake : in AH15, its "Sharapova" not "Kuznetsova" in the formula. An other thing : are u sure with the initial points (column W when board is empty or column AB), cause that doesnt match with the WTA ranking.
Thanks again for all the work. Very usefull chart.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
26,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ceze said:
Thks for the .xls but i found a mistake : in AH15, its "Sharapova" not "Kuznetsova" in the formula. An other thing : are u sure with the initial points (column W when board is empty or column AB), cause that doesnt match with the WTA ranking.
Thanks again for all the work. Very usefull chart.
Regarding AH15: Thanks, I have corrected it. :)

Regarding the initial points: I am (quite) sure they are correct. Column W takes into account that each YEC player will get 67 points for sure. :)
BTW: the columns on the right weren't supposed to be visible, I forgot to make them white. ;)
 

·
Honorary Admin
Joined
·
99,346 Posts
GoDominique said:
Regarding AH15: Thanks, I have corrected it. :)

Regarding the initial points: I am (quite) sure they are correct. Column W takes into account that each YEC player will get 67 points for sure. :)
BTW: the columns on the right weren't supposed to be visible, I forgot to make them white. ;)
I dont want to quibble, but I'd just like to have a correct chart because the n°1 place after the YEC should be a matter of 10 or 20 points. :) And if my calculations are correct (based on the current ranking on the WTA site), you should have :
Davenport >> 4613
Mauresmo >> 4613
Myskina >> 4262
Kuznetsova >> 3712
Dementieva >> 3512
Sharapova >> 3449
Henin-Hardenne >> 2969
S. Williams >> 2664
Zvonareva >> 2366
I think there are no big differences with yours. ;) Nvm ur chart is very usefull, especially the last version with the ranking projection. Great work !
 

·
Honorary Admin
Joined
·
99,346 Posts
Ceze said:
I dont want to quibble, but I'd just like to have a correct chart because the n°1 place after the YEC should be a matter of 10 or 20 points. :) And if my calculations are correct (based on the current ranking on the WTA site), you should have :
Davenport >> 4613
Mauresmo >> 4613
Myskina >> 4262
Kuznetsova >> 3712
Dementieva >> 3512
Sharapova >> 3449
Henin-Hardenne >> 2969
S. Williams >> 2664
Zvonareva >> 2366
I think there are no big differences with yours. ;) Nvm ur chart is very usefull, especially the last version with the ranking projection. Great work !
Of course, without error, that gives :
Davenport >> 4613
Mauresmo >> 4262
Myskina >> 3712
Kuznetsova >> 3512
Dementieva >> 3449
Sharapova >> 2969
S. Williams >> 2664
Zvonareva >> 2366
Sorry ;-)
 

·
Honorary Admin
Joined
·
99,346 Posts
Ceze said:
Of course, without error, that gives :
Davenport >> 4613
Mauresmo >> 4262
Myskina >> 3712
Kuznetsova >> 3512
Dementieva >> 3449
Sharapova >> 2969
S. Williams >> 2664
Zvonareva >> 2366
Sorry ;-)
I really cant help thinking that Amelie can be n°1 after the Masters... :bounce: and that Justine is not there :sad:

Let's go Amelie ! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
26,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ceze said:
Of course, without error, that gives :
Davenport >> 4613
Mauresmo >> 4262
Myskina >> 3712
Kuznetsova >> 3512
Dementieva >> 3449
Sharapova >> 2969
S. Williams >> 2664
Zvonareva >> 2366
Sorry ;-)
Those players where points differ, I think you didn't take into account their 17th tournament. :)

For example, Sharapova's 17th tournament is 50 points. So these points will be OFF when YEC points are added. So Sharapova's total = current points + YEC points MINUS 50. :)

For Zvonareva, it's a little different. Her 17th tournament is 72 points. So if she doesn't win a match here, her total will be = her old ranking points (2299).
If she wins at least one match, her YEC points will replace her 17th tournament: her total = current points + YEC points MINUS 72. :)
 

·
GIMME SHELTER
Joined
·
48,186 Posts
GoDominique:

Shouldn't Dementieva be 4th now and Myskina 3rd ? Alyona won only 1 game. Or does your calculation only sum it up at the end of all 6 matches in a group ?
Positions in Red Group are 1-3-3-1.

Why not
Davenport #1
sWilliams #2
Myskina #3
Dementieva #4 ?????
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
26,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DaniDoki-addict said:
GoDominique:

Shouldn't Dementieva be 4th now and Myskina 3rd ? Alyona won only 1 game. Or does your calculation only sum it up at the end of all 6 matches in a group ?
Positions in Red Group are 1-3-3-1.

Why not
Davenport #1
sWilliams #2
Myskina #3
Dementieva #4 ?????
Yeah, sets are counted only after all six matches. That's the way it works, but until then the placements are pretty useless anyway.

Games are never counted. :eek: I won't add that because the rules aren't 100% clear, so if players are equal in games AND sets, you will get "???". ;)

Then you have to fill in the semifinalist yourself, after that it works again. :)
 

·
GIMME SHELTER
Joined
·
48,186 Posts
GoDominique said:
Yeah, sets are counted only after all six matches. That's the way it works, but until then the placements are pretty useless anyway.

Games are never counted. :eek: I won't add that because the rules aren't 100% clear, so if players are equal in games AND sets, you will get "???". ;)

Then you have to fill in the semifinalist yourself, after that it works again. :)
ok, thanks
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
26,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi everyone ;)

An updated version is up now. :D

After all matches are completed, games (if necessary) are now taken into consideration as well to determine the placements. So every possible scenario ends with two semifinalists now. :)

BUT: This has been made according to WTA rules as they were available. And as it's the WTA (which is known for its last-minute rule changes), we don't know for sure what they will do in the end. :rolleyes:
These current rules are a little different to those of the ATP, so it's a bit confusing.
Anyway, you should still get the new version. ;)

Especially because I have found another error in the rankings. This has been fixed. :)
 

·
GIMME SHELTER
Joined
·
48,186 Posts
:worship:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
26,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Errr my games-calculation was a piece of crap. :lol: Lots of nonsense results, like two players on 4th place. :retard:

It has been replaced by an easier and (maybe) CORRECT version. :eek:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top