Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
49,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canada has just won their first ever medal at this olympics with a bronze from speed skating and Cindy Klassan!

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
I was just watching, and I am really happy!!!! It was also the first time a Canadian won a medal in the 3000 m of the speedskating event. Congrats Cindy, you made us proud!!! :D

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,480 Posts
great effort, she wasn't expected to medal but she had a great run and did it! well done Cindy ;)

also wanted to congratulate Clara Hughes, who I didn't realize was competing in speed skating at these Olympics. She's a 2 time summer Olympic bronze medalist in cycling, and at 29 years old is now competing in speed skating for team Canada. She finished 10th today, but a really great effort, so nice to see her out there fighting and doing well for a relative newcomer of the sport! :)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Way ta go Cindy! It's great to see all of our athletes in speed skating do so well so far...it seems like they're all breaking their own personal bests and setting new Canadian records! Good luck Catriona, Jeremy, Mike, and the rest of the team!!! I'm thinking Catriona has a great chance to set another world record on this fast ice!
I was impressed with Jennifer Heil yesterday...she put down a great run and just missed the bronze by like one one-hundredth of a point, a great achievement for someone so young!

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
188,565 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhh Canada! My Home And Native Land........... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts