Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though she lost, she played an outstanding match and kept it close despite having 15 double faults and countless FH errors. That takes pure talent and sheer determination. Venus proved to everyone that she still has what it takes to be a top ten, top five player. I am proud of her:) .

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
mboyle said:
Even though she lost, she played an outstanding match and kept it close despite having 15 double faults and countless FH errors. That takes pure talent and sheer determination. Venus proved to everyone that she still has what it takes to be a top ten, top five player. I am proud of her:) .
Thanks.mboyle.After all the negativity because of her loss,it's good to hear that!!!:) :bounce:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
yep the double faults didn't help.

But it was a great match :eek: beautiful ball bashing from both players. Lindsay was playing amazing tennis, no shame in losing to her today ;)

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I enjoyed watching the match. Some of Venus' unforced errors were a bit much to take, however her match with Lindsay was a good one and again, there were many positives Venus could take from it. A three setter where she didn't give up and for the most part, looked very good on court. I think Venus does have a lot to be proud of and she's working with her father and fitness coach on the areas that need help.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
BambooDragon said:
I enjoyed watching the match. Some of Venus' unforced errors were a bit much to take, however her match with Lindsay was a good one and again, there were many positives Venus could take from it. A three setter where she didn't give up and for the most part, looked very good on court. I think Venus does have a lot to be proud of and she's working with her father and fitness coach on the areas that need help.
So true!! As long as she stays injury free for the USopen, I'm ok with that loss.She gave it her best shot!!!:)

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
mboyle said:
i have to disagree. She had way too many UE and like you said 15 dfs is really bad.

the match was so so. she had her chances but she didnt take them. Both had poor conversion on BPs

·
Premium Member
21,013 Posts
I think it was a great match probably cause it went the distance and that in itself created drama.

I'm happy for Lindsay with this being her last year and all.

But I will disgaree, about Venus having postives to take away from this match. There are no positives really, in fact I think there are more negatives. :sad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts