Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOO HOO!!! Finally a gold medal for Canada!! Catriona Lemay Doan just won the women's 500m in speed skating!! YAY!! I'm so excited!!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
49,763 Posts
YEAH! CONGRATULATIONS TO CATRIONA! WE ARE ALL VERY PROUD OF YOU!

GO CANADA!
1 GOLD 1 SILVER 1 BRONZE!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Way ta go Catriona!! :D I loved the way she put on the Stetson during her victory lap...you're the cutest cowgirl I've seen in a while!! ;)
Great race!!!

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
185,831 Posts
Ya Hoo! Nothing Better Than CanadianGold! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
Yeah, Catriona was very good!
But I was more focused on Andrea Nuyt, could she have skated 2 worse races?! If she had skated a little better (and not almost in the boarding :rolleyes: ) she would have had the bronze :sad: :sad:
lol, I couldn't sleep tonight after I watched (=3AM) because I felt so sorry for Andrea!
But I have a lot of respect for her, I saw her at television this morning and she was obviously very dissapointed but also realistic. Thumbs up for Andrea!

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
congrats Catriona!
I felt very sorry for Andrea too :sad:

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
Becca - yes I think that's her.
She also spoiled her first race, but then at least the time was good, and now nor the time nor the race was good :(

irma, did you see her interview with Mart Smeets in the Heineken House?

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
yeah I did, she was very profesional! :cool:

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
Indeed. She really amazed me with that interview.
I've always liked Timmer more, but I might switch ;)
Although Marianne did great, and it really wouldn't suprise me if she could get a medal on the 1000 or 1500!

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I don`t like that husband of her, he looks scary!
I think that maybe she can win the 1000 but I doubt the 1500 but then I would have said the same in 98 :cool:

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
Mueller is a stupid guy. When I was in Thialf last year, I saw him coaching the stars from the team, while with the others he wasn't even talking to them. I think that is very wrong.
I doubt if Marianne can win anything, but she seems to be ready. Again she's there when she has to. That's big class I think!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Once again congrats to Catriona for her gold....she's a class act all the way!
Did you guys hear about how Catriona wasn't able to make it to the podium centre to be awarded her gold medal? She had to drive across town to make it there, and apparently she was in a Chinese car imported from Russia with a French driver! ;) LOL

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
I think they should just give the medals at the place where the event is, with the crowd that really wants to watch those people.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts