Tennis Forum banner

1361 - 1377 of 1377 Posts

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Up 62 30 double break.
Breaks again to get 6-5 up.
A very high speed, frantically paced game. Rallies full of non stop hard shots from both players, but Slava seems to have the slight edge, Zhang mistiming more often. Slava will try to serve it out the second time. Zhang has actually done well to get it this close again (together with a few errors from Slava).

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Good match towards the end. Slava has bulldozed her way through to here, so a fight in this match will do her more good than bad.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I would like to apologise to Slava. I said it was highly unlikely she would go on a run at two slams in a row.

I should have known better than try and predict what the hell she was going to do.:p

·
Blighted and solo
43,970 Posts
Headcase.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Slava has had a lot of bad luck with injuries too which has been a factor.

A lot of the time, Slava has started to get a run going where she can kick on but then is pegged back by a confidence shaking loss or injury. With no confidence she then loses to mugs and underachieves.

2012 was really her big breakthrough chance. She made the Quarter Finals at Roland Garros, fourth round at Wimbledon and was generally in good form that summer. The US Open draw that year was very good for her, and she could have made the semi finals looking back on it, but she choked hard against Vinci and that completely killed her confidence.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Playing in the YEC doubles with Timea Babos.

Just lost a tight tiebreak to send it to a super tiebreak against Lucie and Bethanie.

Slava and Timea are looking very good in their outfits in my opinion. Very flattering. I always prefer it when Slava doesn't wear her sunglasses- she has such beautiful eyes.

Down 2-9 in the super tiebreak though. Not a good tiebreak. Would take a miracle to win from here.

Lost 75 67(6) 2-10

They had three matchpoints in the second set too :sad: :hug:

·
Registered
55,078 Posts

·
Registered
55,078 Posts

·
Registered
55,078 Posts
Tennis Channel Live: Shvedova Reflects on Becoming 1st Player to Get Golden Set in a Slam Tournament

1361 - 1377 of 1377 Posts