Reactions: Jose.

·
Keep calm and be gay.
52,346 Posts
Yanina can sing live? wow 😮

·
Registered
18,262 Posts
Wickmayer speaks in the most civilized Belgian dutch accent — the polar opposite of that guy (the host) who says a million times "oe goe is da?" He would have been taken off air and fired immediately once upon a time (in the past no village accents were allowed on that particular channel — it's sorta like Belgian eqivalent of the BBC)

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
How well known is she in Belgium? I'm kind of surprised she'd be on the show and that they all seem to know her.

·
Registered
18,089 Posts
How well known is she in Belgium? I'm kind of surprised she'd be on the show and that they all seem to know her.
I guess Belgium has quite some interest in womens tennis due to Henin and Clijsters.
I would guess you could compare Wickmayer with Jule Görges in Germany. She would be quite well known.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

·
Keep calm and be gay.
52,346 Posts
it's weird, she followed me on ig... Im sure that was a bot lolz
She followed me on instagram too and keep viewing my instagram stories :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
12,425 Posts
Omg i'm weirdly obsessed with the Masked Singer. She's probably one of hte last tennis players I would have expected to be on it but good for her! It's a nice costume.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I guess Belgium has quite some interest in womens tennis due to Henin and Clijsters.
I would guess you could compare Wickmayer with Jule Görges in Germany. She would be quite well known.
So rather not well known re: Julia Görges :-D

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Wickmayer speaks in the most civilized Belgian dutch accent — the polar opposite of that guy (the host) who says a million times "oe goe is da?" He would have been taken off air and fired immediately once upon a time (in the past no village accents were allowed on that particular channel — it's sorta like Belgian eqivalent of the BBC)
It's VTM, very much not the equivalent of the BBC. Think ITV if you need to compare it with a British channel. That said, the complete eradication of proper Vlaams (or Dutch) on the commercial channels is a pet peeve of mine too. VTM is basically solely the dialect of Antwerp.

Well, her popularity has waned together with her actual tennis results, but she was rather well known at some point, especially for her grunt. Also, she made the semis of USO '09 together with the dream run of Clijsters, which was quite a moment here.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts