Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its not 100% guaranteed to work but its been troubling her for ages now y not try surgery
is just she scared of needles/hospitals/doctor/operations. i get the feeling that something's got to give otherwise it will be the end of her career.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
The surgery itself entails placing as many as 5 screws into the sesamoid bone and bonded it the other local bones in the area. If unsucessful, she would never run, let alone play tennis again. There are seriously bad consequences. It's not like getting your teeth cleaned or something as simple as that. It's rather risky, and will take at least 6 months to know *if* it even worked or not. At this stage in her career, she doesn't need to jeopardize her future (non-tennis) wellbeing.

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,697 Posts
tinkerbell said:
i know its not 100% guaranteed to work but its been troubling her for ages now y not try surgery
is just she scared of needles/hospitals/doctor/operations. i get the feeling that something's got to give otherwise it will be the end of her career.

I would think that Monica is scared to death of being cut open. She hasn't been back to Germany since she's been stabbed, so a fear of sharp objects wouldn't be that irrational.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts