Tennis Forum banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
34,583 Posts
I think Pavs will ultimately have more energy and too much power to eventually hit through Krejcikova in a final set.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I think Pavs will ultimately have more energy and too much power to eventually hit through Krejcikova in a final set.
Krejcikova was defending brillantly against relentless Sakkari agression. Krej has a BH and variety unlike Zidansek.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well, all my appreciation for Krejcikova disappeared after her action during doubles semi. Gamesmanship in pure form, and quite unnecessary, because they probs would have won even without that forgery. But the disgust remained and that makes it hard for me to root for Krejcikova. Pavs is clearly a lady and rooting for Pavs all the way. And to think about all this trash dumped on Iga for her dubious MTO, commonly used in such situations by other players Including Djoko, Nadal and the others (including Krejcikova herself with her hyper long toilet break). Such actions may seem dubious sometimes, but are legal and part of the arsenal. But open forgery? Gross!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Hopefully, there won't be an embarrassing empty stadium...

·
Registered
224 Posts
This could literally go in either direction and would not surprise me one bit. I was on the WTA website and they're currently right next to each other in the rankings - Pavs 32 and Babs 33.

·
Registered
35,331 Posts
Hoping this one will vastly exceed expectations, though that's not a high bar. I think most likely Pavs win in 3, her age and experience will make the difference, since they'll both be nervous. Mostly I just hope this won't be a complete shit-fest with both being overwhelmed by the moment.

Reactions: 'JCau98

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I can't call this one which either means it will be a snoozefest or a classic.

Lending to Pav but no conviction.

On a funny note, TF is so pumped for this match that the top recommended reading is the Stuttgart Final: Henin v Golovin who will win?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Pavs had a lot of love at TF..

Probably too much.

Once again, going by the results, it is hard to imagine that among those voting that they had Pavs winning by a 135-75 margin.

So much for TF's "Consensus Predictions".

Hopefully, there will be some improvement (in predictive qualities) by the Wimby Final?

141 - 158 of 158 Posts