Tennis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
So close to a slam final between unseeded players. Pavs barely scraped into the seeds and had zero form coming in.
Both will be very nervous. Pavs' level has been higher but I don't know what to expect from her in a slam final. Barbora might just be a bit steadier....
Would like to see Pav win a slam but think Babs might just edge it.
Hope for a good competitive match nonetheless!
No it hasn’t.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Just think: one of these women will end her career with the same number of French Open titles as Simona Halep.
U called this at the beginning of the year!!!! Congratssss.. Pavs in the final but small credit to myself as well, i pointed that her main problem is not her fitness but her game. changed a lot. she hit the rock bottom in istanbul than made a never seen bounce back in the history of tennis!!!!!111

·
Registered
116,007 Posts
Its like a weak 250. A Russian woman hasnt won a major in a while.
I wonder what Dementieva, Safina, Zvonareva and Petrova think about having to beat Zidansek and Krejcikova for a major
This is a great time in WTA when anybody can be a slam winner

Reactions: EMILIO GZZ

·
Registered
421 Posts
Its like a weak 250. A Russian woman hasnt won a major in a while.
I wonder what Dementieva, Safina, Zvonareva and Petrova think about having to beat Zidansek and Krejcikova for a major
This is a great time in WTA when anybody can be a slam winner
What it's all about now is just avoiding players who are a bad match-up for you. Serena and Hingis took very different approaches but, at their peak, always found ways to beat a wide variety of players and go deep into GS events. Now, even top players fold when they face an opponent who can neutralize their weapons.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Krejcikova deserve to win

She is the better inform player this year. Made the Dubai Final, had 2 MP against Swiatek at Rome, won Strasbourg
She beat solid players : Svitolina, Stephens, Gauff, Sakkari. Players who know to play on clay
Pavs except Zidansek beat only BBB (Tomljanovic, Sabalenka, Rybakina). Azarenka was a good victory yes, but clay is her worst surface.

Pavs has never been top 10, has never won a Premier 5 title, and has never been consistent. Her form until Madrid was irrelevant, beaten by Gasanova, Jabeur, Potapova, utterly destroyed by Osaka, Kvitova, Sabalenka

Krejicikova is a more natural clay court player than Pavs. If she is not tired, she should win. She has a BH unlike Zidansek and she has more tools at her disposition and is stronger mentally. Until now, Pavs never proved she was worthy of a slam winner. If she was, she would have beaten 37 years old Venus and Collins at Melbourne. She didn't. I don't think she deserve more a GS than Jankovic or Dementieva. All stars were aligned for her.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'm fine with either, but Pavs I'd rather have win slightly more

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
This final is firmly on Krejcikova's racket. If she can play 1 more match at her 2021 clay-season level, she wins this.

But if she reverts to the player who she was for the last 5 years before this, Pavs will be there to clean it up.

·
Registered
557 Posts
After the third round, Pavs talked about a leg problem. I wonder how now, is there a problem or not?

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Heart says Pavs, mind says Barbs.

Who will be the chair umpire for this match? I really hope it is one of these hot French studs below and not the blind daddy who almost screwed Barbs today.
I am gonna need eyecandy in case Pavs and Barbs give us a final à la Ash-Fluketa in 2019.

·
Registered
13,498 Posts
I think it'll be a great story for whoever wins and so glad it's these two that made the final out of the 4.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I miss the good old days when top players used to battle it out for the big trophies, with grit and determination. Now they can't even cope with doing a press-conference. Anyway, congrats to Pavlyuchenkova and Krejcikova, may the better player win

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Your bitterness during this tournament has been especially delicious.
Enjoy it while you can , you probably won’t see me for a while , and call me when they start making threads about how Barbs clay level is higher than simona’s ( I can’t wait for that one ) .

81 - 100 of 158 Posts