Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Pre-tournament Pav was ranked #32 while Krejie was ranked a lowly #33.
I'm picking the higher ranked player, Pav, to win.
Who would have thought the unknown Czech, Krejie, would be in the finals.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Surprised nobody has mentioned the quite obvious physical advantage for Pavs?!?

Just hoping for a decent match, tennis wins either way.
Pavs didn't win her SF on physicality actually. Tamara Z had the physicality advantage. And Barbora didn't win her SF on physicality either.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Krejcikova played 3 hours today and still has doubles tomorrow.

This final really depends on how she holds up physically.

·
Registered
551 Posts
This is such a coin flip.

I am sticking by my prediction from yesterday which is that Krejcikova seems more likely to win. There are fatigue concerns, especially if she does play the doubles tomorrow, but I can't help but imagine she'd hold steadier in a deciding set.

I feel like the only possible options are Pavlyuchenkova in 2, or Krejcikova in 2 or 3. Therefore, the way I see it is Krejcikova only HAS to win one of the first two sets, whereas Pavlyuchenkova needs to win both.

Obviously I could be very wrong, but I've been so impressed with Krejcikova mentally - and I still think that her Doubles Slam finals will help her mentally. Pavlyuchenkova doesn't have any equivalent experience at a senior level

·
Registered
250 Posts
Pre-tournament Pav was ranked #32 while Krejie was ranked a lowly #33.
I'm picking the higher ranked player, Pav, to win.
Who would have thought the unknown Czech, Krejie, would be in the finals.
This deserves more note, Krej came in higher ranked than Badosa who was 'needed' to 'save' the 'tournament'. Everyone obsessed with marketability might find more enjoyment following celebrity gossip.

·
Registered
36,059 Posts
I feel like Krejcikova won't have the nerves and probably she also won't have the body. Pavlyuchenkova could always throw a stinker but I think she actually has a very decent record in finals despite being a bit of a headcase and she looked so much calmer today. I'm really not sure though. 🤣 I just hope it won't be a 6-2 6-2 final.

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
Krejcikova will win and likely easier than most suspect, I have already had that gut feeling about her winning this RG after the quarterfinals concluded. I can see Pavlyuchenkova not dealing well with Krejcikova's moonballs etc. And Krejcikova will be boosted mentally having defended a MP in the SF. She can rest tomorrow so the length of the match vs Sakkari will not matter. The doubles did not take that much of energy from Barbora and she apparently is recording saying after one of her earlier matches in singles that she would be ready to play another match in singles right after, she is in an excellent shape right now and has a stamina.

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
I believe it will just be another anticlimatic GS final and Nastya will win it losing just around 5 games really. Barbora's tank is empty.

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
Pavs should win since ,Barb must be physically and mentally spent.

41 - 60 of 158 Posts