Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Coco in 2

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Coco in 3

Votes: 4 13.3%

WWW Wimbledon R3: Hercog vs Gauff

2K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  *Jool* 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Gauf opened as small dog in some books but now she is clear favorite in all books. At the the current odds, i am fancying Hercog.

Anyone here good enough to break down both of these players style?

#5 ·
Re: WWW Wimbledon R3: Hercock vs Gauff

It's a running joke, I think it started last week at Eastbourne when someone called her that in the WWW for a match she had against Halep. Might have been a typo, but I guess it stuck, so now she is Polona von Hercock.

#7 ·

Even though i have high expectations for Gauff's future, I just don't see her going far in this tournament. Maybe it will be Hercog who derails her or someone else. She has to lose sooner or later. I just hope that when it happens, she will go down fighting rather than getting embarrass out there. Through no fault of her own, the hype around her has grown exponentially since she defeated Venus. With such high expectations of her, hopefully she won't be scarred too much after the inevitable string of defeats and the dogs who desperately want to see her downfall finally come out from hiding and start trashing her in public.

Reactions: Perun
#9 ·

Even though i have high expectations for Gauff's future, I just don't see her going far in this tournament. Maybe it will be Hercog who derails her or someone else. She has to lose sooner or later. I just hope that when it happens, she will go down fighting rather than getting embarrass out there. Through no fault of her own, the hype around her has grown exponentially since she defeated Venus. With such high expectations of her, hopefully she won't be scarred too much after the inevitable string of defeats and the dogs who desperately want to see her downfall finally come out from hiding and start trashing her in public.
Yeah regardless of what happens against Hercog (okay maybe if she wins less than like three games it will be a bit embarrassing) or any matches later in this tournament, she has already proven herself beyond anyone's wildest expectations at Wimbledon. But going forward it's obviously going to be tough for her to win multiple matches any time she shows up at a tournament, so I hope the press expectations do not destroy her the way they have with so many others. So far she is indicating that she is very adept at handling the attention though.

Reactions: Dostoyevsky
#8 · (Edited by Moderator)

Well I was going to say Gauff, but now I'm also intrigued by whoever this Hercog is in the poll. Maybe her in two?

#10 ·

I wonder how Coco's mind and body is coping at 15 now that she has played 5 matches already. Her body will heal faster, but maybe her mind may be in a spin, however it looks like her parents have taught her good coping mechanisms. I didn't watch Hercog's matches against Keys and Kuzmova, looks like she is also on a good run. Coco in 3.

#15 ·

Hercog should win methinks. That wondrous run of Gauff though is amazing to witness so I would not mind her winning. :)

The more interesting question could be what's up with her cock? :hysteric:

#14 ·

once was annoying, twice is borderline , not being able to stop calling her Hercock is unbearable :eek:

#17 ·
Why Americans are so willing to overhype? :eek:

#18 ·
I havent seen Hercog win many high pressure matches. Does she ever have a win on Centre Court? But she knows the game. Hold your serve and when you get an opening, put it away.
Rybarikova would float balls into the open court and Gauff ran them down. You have to put it away, not float it softly, against good movers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.