Discussion Starter · #1 ·
POPCORN TENNIS if there ever :bolt:

last time they met BARTY won in 3 tough sets :SNE:

let's go SAISAI, swing freely :cheer:

Reactions: LefandePatty

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
don't know why we need this poll; the mighty SaiSai is the heavy favourite here :|

As expected, most the votes are already going in the right direction :bowdown:

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
As a seed, that's arguably the toughest R1 opponent Barty could have got. How's your luck.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
37,005 Posts
If Saisai can hit 50 or so winners and keep her errors total under, say, 20 I feel she is absolutely sure to win this match.

Yes, it is a pretty big if, but there you go.....

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
There should have been a 'too close to call' option.

First set is absolutely crucial - SlaySai was 5-3 up on Halep last year at Wimbledon, but just couldn't get over the line in that set. If she closes the first set out against Ash, there simply won't be anyway back.

·
Registered
14,946 Posts
Can't believe Saisai has 38 percent. Barty routnely executes a gameplan where she mixes the play beautifully. Saisai can mix it up, but rarely gets over the finish line against good players. This matchup is like a certified Rolex against the immitatipn Rolex you get in Chinatown from a guy in a trenchcoat. Barty in straight sets like 3 and 3.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Saisai was unlucky not to get past Stosur in Mallorca, so I have to give this to her in two close sets. Barty had easy draws for Paris and Birmingham; I don't think she'll be ready for a player like Saisai.

·
Registered
14,946 Posts
So many troll, hopefully, or delusional, hope not, posts in this thread.

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Barty was unlucky to draw the 43rd seed in round one

1 - 20 of 20 Posts