Registered
16,024 Posts
(1)Barty v Zheng (Bye)

Zidansek v Bouchard(Bye)

So lucky :lol:

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Not a bad draw for Caro Garcia.Wonder if she could make a run at Wimbledon this year.She has the game for it.:)

Also not bad draw for Marie Bouzková on her Wimby debut.Can see one win at least :eek:h: and maybe more.

Course nobody mentions Maddy despite the fact she is usually there at the business end of a Slam so I won't either.:p

And maybe Pavly can pull off a R1 upset.:sobbing:

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Omg at Angie and Serena's section with literally everyone in it :-\

Gotta say Angie's title defence just got a bit less likely. Whoever wins this section should win the title imho.

Good for Venus. I think she can do some damage there.

Halep also has quite a good draw for her.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Must be exciting + bad for Gauff. She gets the chance to play against Venus, but will be very difficult for her to win.
I would have prefered Gauff to have 1 or 2 walking byes first and then a dream R3 match against Venus.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
That top quarter is one of the most brutal quarters of a Grand Slam draw that I've ever seen. Barty, Muguruza, Vekic, Bencic, Serena, Goerges, Kerber, then non seeded players like Riske, Kanepi and Sharapova. Whoever gets through that deserves to win it.

Second quarter is wide open for Bertens and Konta. Kvitova in there too but I doubt she'll be 100%.

Third quarter especially section 5 could get messy. Svitolina been in crap form, Sevastova's record at Wimbledon is dreadful, I'd favour Martic to get through that bit. Then section 6 you have Hsieh vs Ostapenko in the first round :spit: The draw is in Karolina Pliskova's hands.

The final quarter could get messy, Halep, Keys, Venus, Sabalenka, Wozniacki, Garcia, Kenin and Osaka, some of those could easily crash out early. Osaka vs Putintseva again :spit: Yastremska vs Giorgi, Venus vs Gauff, Cornet vs Azarenka, some really interesting matches in that quarter.

Very hard to predict some quarters, the way the draw looks though I'd have to favour Bertens and Pliskova.

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
That is pretty good draw for miss Angie Kerber. I think she should have enough to go past those 2 first opponents. Then Sharapova and Serena early on are certainly more preferred than to get them in QF-F stage. And Angie will be up for it in those matches for sure. Then Mug/Bencic is tough but after those early tests i expect her to be ready. Iconic title defense starts here.

·
Registered
27,443 Posts
Kudermetova to take out Woz probably for second Slam in a row. She’s even more dangerous in this surface.

Badosa got a great draw to win her first Slam MD match. Hopefully she’ll take her chance.

First Section is brutal.
If Garbi gets to R3 she’s going to be eviscerated by Ash.

21 - 40 of 150 Posts