Votes: 35 50.7%
  • Svitolina

Votes: 34 49.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Opposite to what books say, Keys has the edge as long as Svitolona plays careful tennis. She needs to step up and play as she did against Rodina / final games against Rogers.
The toughest opponent for Svitolina so far and up to the finals.
Good luck Elina.

·
Registered
37,335 Posts
Is it true that Svitolina is bad against big hitters? I don't really follow her results lol

·
Registered
112,684 Posts
-4I dont think either is playing well, so either one of them kicks it up or it will be who can close whiie playing shit.
Neither ever made a NY run and this slamless half is the time
I thought Mertens might beat Keys in round 1, but she plays like Babos, mentally soft on big points.
Then she played T Maria and Vesnina, who has done nothing since IW, was up a set and 4-4 and started hitting routine groundstrokes into the net, at least 3 serving 4-5
I think anyone but Brady can make the final, even Kanepi

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Keys will blow the pusher off the court in straight sets.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Elina is the better more consistent player and should go through to claim what is rightfully hers or Mugs, the WTA crown. Hope the draws clears and we get this final

·
Banned
18 Posts
Elina is the better more consistent player and should go through to claim what is rightfully hers or Mugs, the WTA crown. Hope the draws clears and we get this final
That would be a great final the one I predict but women's Tennis is unpredictable these days and both could go this round on a bad day, or an inspired one for the opponent.

·
Registered
37,335 Posts
Is it true that Svitolina is bad against big hitters? I don't really follow her results lol
Just checked myself, she truly has a shit record against big hitters. That gives me hope.

·
Registered
112,684 Posts
They put this late night after Federer, probbably hoping the experience of playing very late helps Keys
This is a big mental test for Svitolina. Defensivse players like Wozniacki and Halep beat Keys a lot. Can Svitolina do it at a major and make her first slam run?

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Just checked myself, she truly has a shit record against big hitters. That gives me hope.
But Keys' record is equally shit against pushers. But there are two aspects of Svitolina's game that benefit Keys more:

- First, the lack of spin and extra pace that Svitolina gives Madison is actually a benefit. Madison takes a long swing on the forehand. Too little time is bad. Too much time is even worse. A fast rhythm is ideal.

- Second, for the same above reasons, Svitolina can not create the same angles to expose Madison's movement the same way Wozniacki or Halep would.

It helps too that Svitolina under performs in grand slams. And that she is nearly always broken the first time she serves for either the set or match. I consistently see her double fault when she begins these service games.

But again, it just really comes down to how consistent Keys is on the night.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Interesting match-up...

could be fun to watch.

I'm guessing the first few games will be a feeling out process...

giggity

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Hopefully Keys. Don't like Svitolina's style but she is in form and confident so I think she will take a close one. Maybe in three.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Although Keys is finally playing up to her potential and I hope it continues, I still think Svitolina will prevail but it should be an exciting match nevertheless, good luck to both gals!:worship:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Easy win for Elina. She has mastered the art of exposing weaknesses, of which Keys has many...including being one of dumbest players on tour.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts