1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Defending champion :cool:vs Teenaged home crowd favourite :angel:

Vote and discuss
:tennis:

Question is: Who will have the bigger entourage in her player's box?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Naomi has dealt with Serena in a final at the US Open. The crowd will not affect her.

·
Banned
2,413 Posts
Happy for cori but i will be supporting naomi.. cori has enough time in future to win many slams....
Naomi needs to target her forehand more... But be ready for running session throughout the match naomi lol.. This girl is seriously talented and great at net.. And i guess no more support from crowd ....
i feel naomi will win in 2...and she has nice words for cori .... it will be night match i guess. A blockbuster one!
https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2019-08-27/naomi-osaka-coco-gauff-mutual-respect-tennis-future

She seems to be doing fine,” Osaka said of Gauff, adding that their fathers “are cool” and know each other. “I think everyone is different in the way they process things. I have actually been trying to talk to her recently because I feel she’s a little bit like me. I saw her in the locker room and she just had her headphones on. I was, like, ‘Oh, looks familiar.’ I just went up and talked a little bit. She’s super sweet. Yeah, and, like, I have actually hit with her back when she was 13.”

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I picked Osaka in three...Babos and Potapova are good players, but...the level is about to rise significantly...

i do think Gauff will trouble her for a set though...

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Osaka could very well lose this match, especially since shes been so emotional and hard on herself for months.

·
Premium Member
Bianca Andreescu, Iga Swiatek
4,956 Posts
Osaka could very well lose this match, especially since shes been so emotional and hard on herself for months.
She says that she's enjoying playing Tennis again. She said the time in Europe was very hard and she lost the love there during todays Post Match Presser.

Naomi will be fired up for this one.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Naomi has dealt with Serena in a final at the US Open. The crowd will not affect her.
Because facing Serena in the final with No.24 pressure all over her (Serena has bottled last 3 GS finals when being one win away from the elusive title) is exactly the same as facing baby Gauff in R3 with Coco having zero pressure. Nobody could drag Serena in that match, not even crowd. Coco is different case.

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Osaka >>>>>Diyas >>>>>Coco
Maybe she will feel pressure because she is playing a younger opponent and she is the defending champion, but Osaka should have this, especially if her serve is on.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Osaka lost to Putintseva twice ,and Mladenovic .. is it really impossible for Gauff to pull off the upset ?yeah it depends all on Naomi but ..

·
Premium Member
Bianca Andreescu, Iga Swiatek
4,956 Posts
Osaka had a similar Match to that with Gauff when she beat young 18-year old Iga Swiatek at Toronto. The Experience gained from that Match might come in handy here when she takes on Coco on Saturday.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
If Coco Gauff recovers well it will be an interesting match. Would love to see Osaka finish points off, something Babos was unable to do again Gauff.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts