• Osaka in 2

Votes: 39 37.9%
  • Osaka in 3

Votes: 16 15.5%
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Banned
2,413 Posts
I want Naomi to win bcoz she is my bias but hoping for a 3 set thriller!! But serena can beat her if she wants revenge. But Naomi brings her best against her idol and her motivation is always high against serena...

Naomi in 3..

·
Banned
2,413 Posts
Naomi is so cute:SNE:

She’s like my tennis mom. She’s someone that I grew up watching and admire so much,” Osaka said about Williams in her on-court interview afterwards. “I’m pretty sure a lot of people will be watching that match. Hopefully I can play well against her.”

·
Registered
105 Posts
I expect Osaka to win in 2 close sets.
Hopefully this match will live up to the expectations and hopefully Serena won't create drama again, if she's about to lose :SNE:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I don't think there'll be on court drama whatever the tennis is like. I hope it's a great match. Both have a lot hanging on this, and it's really going to test Naomi psychologically after that Wimbledon fiasco and the unfair ? some people put on her US Open title. May the best player win!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I think this will be the fairest match they’ve played thus far. Their first one was a gimmie since Serena was barely coming back, the USO final had the drama from the chair, so this one is the first real match in my eyes.
:spit:

·
Registered
115,530 Posts
If they meet in a slam final there is much more pressure on Serena. Here, Osaka is playing for #1, Serena has nothing to gain from a non slam QF
So Serena should win, if she feels she has something to prove to Osaka and Halep who beat her in slam finals in the past year
But she isnt playing well and it should be close

·
I think this will be the fairest match they’ve played thus far. Their first one was a gimmie since Serena was barely coming back, the USO final had the drama from the chair, so this one is the first real match in my eyes.
Honey, the reason we had that drama from the chair was because Naomi was dragging Serena all across that stadium infront of her home crowd.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am sure Serena will bring everything in her toolbox, for the H2H not to be 0-3. Moving forward, rushing the net like she did against Sevastova, firing aces rather than a baseline battle. PM maybe had visions of serving this dish cold. Let's see.

More of interest to me are the team dynamic interlinked in so many ways.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Neither of them play at a good level right now, Serena showing the most growth and Osaka showing the most regression. Will be a tough match for Serena to win.

Reactions: Carnet

·
Registered
862 Posts
Honey, the reason we had that drama from the chair was because Naomi was dragging Serena all across that stadium infront of her home crowd.
Naomi played well, but I wouldn't call it dragged. Serena's errors and lack of intent was why it was so easy for Naomi.

Reactions: Carnet
1 - 20 of 79 Posts