Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be possible to have sub forum in GM like the one for doubles for WWW threads?

It can be annoying when there is 5-6 of them on the first page

·
Banned
15,895 Posts
I don't support that - to me they are a key benefit of the forum - we can get good info on matchups including about players we like and players we know nothing about.

Peak so and so vs Peak so and so - those are useless for day to day learning.

Half or more of the Serena stuff should be moved to her forum.

But the WWW: it's good data in my opinion.

·
Banned
15,803 Posts
WWW threads are good, but mods needs to police it.
Some matches warrant it, others don't. Only interesting, potentially close match ups should have them, not like;

WWW? S.Williams (USA) vs J.Moore (AUS)???

(for example)

·
Registered
31,175 Posts
WWW threads are good, but mods needs to police it.
Some matches warrant it, others don't. Only interesting, potentially close match ups should have them, not like;

WWW? S.Williams (USA) vs J.Moore (AUS)???

(for example)
Well cause it's Ree yeah. I think like "(Whitehead or Muller etc.) versus (the latest opponent)"

But all in all they're fine...

·
Banned
15,803 Posts
No, not just cause it's Ree.
WWW? Moore vs (anyone TOP 20)? would just be a waste of space.

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Add it in this thread:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=364977

I think a Sub-Forum including WWW-threads about hypothetical match-ups and real matches would be a good idea.
Yeah I support that :yeah:

Maybe after the AO the admins could consider breaking GM into different sections for example have a General WTA section for tour news, articles etc. and a Scores section for scores, hypothetical match-ups, WWW threads etc.

I don't support that - to me they are a key benefit of the forum - we can get good info on matchups including about players we like and players we know nothing about.

I don't know what your on about :shrug: I didn't say lock or delete them

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
I have another request. Could the No.1 threads about Jankovic and co. please be deleted or merged into one big thread so people who still want to discuss it could do it in there. It's so boring now with the same things being said over and over again and they are just clogging up GM now.

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
How about a "Red Light District" sub-forum for all those useless "Who's Has The Hottest Tits?" threads.

·
Premium Member
7,246 Posts

There is no useful data in those threads in fact. People will just post who they think will win and usually their choice is based on who they like/hate more. All in all the WWW threads are absolutely useless.

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
So you want a WWW forum, a hypothetical matches forum, a scores forum and a news articles forum (?)

Where do 'who's hotter player X or player Y ????' threads fit into the equation ? :confused:

·
Banned
25,958 Posts
God, some people are damn demanding. Just be content with what you have :)

·
Banned
35,898 Posts
I agree. ^

If you go into so much detail, lets have a sub forum for matches results, fashion threads, etc.

get the hint GENERAL in the title

·
Registered
31,175 Posts
So you want a WWW forum, a hypothetical matches forum, a scores forum and a news articles forum (?)

Where do 'who's hotter player X or player Y ????' threads fit into the equation ? :confused:
I fully agree Kart.

They are getting too spoiled.

·
Banned
15,803 Posts
If we're having a subforum for all of these, you may aswell add a Serena subforum. :shrug:

Reactions: Yasmine

·
Somewhere over the rainbow.
45,490 Posts
I have another request. Could the No.1 threads about Jankovic and co. please be deleted or merged into one big thread so people who still want to discuss it could do it in there. It's so boring now with the same things being said over and over again and they are just clogging up GM now.

If you think some threads should be merged because there are too many on the same subject I suggest you report them (the first post). Giving the link to the threads to be merged would greatly help.

Lunaris said:
There is no useful data in those threads in fact. People will just post who they think will win and usually their choice is based on who they like/hate more. All in all the WWW threads are absolutely useless.

I personally think most of the threads in GM are useless and the few of them that could lead to some interesting discussions just get ruined pretty quickly.:eek:

And yeah if there was to be a subforum about WWW, GM would just turn into a page of subforums, which I don't think is what most people want of it i.e. a section with a whole bunch of subjects related to tennis.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts