Hibino vs 3 Stosur
5 Putintseva vs Qualifier
WC Lee vs WC Chang
Duan vs Kato
Kozlova vs 2 Zhang

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Looks like Bouchard's best draw in a long time, can she make a run here?!

Surely she must be motivated by Wozniacki's AO win, another much maligned player, fellow blonde, and SI swimsuit star. :)

·
Registered
32,073 Posts
Eugenie could make the SFs but she has to be in Minneapolis on Sunday evening. She desperately needs the point and a few fins to prove to the tournament directors that she's worth a wild card. Tough choice.

The late withdrawals really depleted the draw, ouch.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Not much interest in this field to be honest. Generally a lot less familiar field than in 2017.

Be interesting to see if Tomjlanovic plays here, particularly if she beats Collins today to make the Newport final.

Hope Lisicki, Diyas and Bouchard can have decent runs.

·
Registered
114,481 Posts
Good spot for Lisicki. Wozniacki winning a slam final should motivate Sabine

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Wouldn't get too excited for Genie just yet - even a one legged Peng could be dangerous and Bogdan is a Top 100 player these days (unlike some :eek:h:)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,089 Posts
Seems like the perfect draw for Zhang to vulture another title? :eek:h:

Reactions: Zatonsko

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,089 Posts
Looks like Bouchard's best draw in a long time, can she make a run here?!

Surely she must be motivated by Wozniacki's AO win, another much maligned player, fellow blonde, and SI swimsuit star. :)
Eugenie could make the SFs but she has to be in Minneapolis on Sunday evening. She desperately needs the point and a few fins to prove to the tournament directors that she's worth a wild card. Tough choice.

The late withdrawals really depleted the draw, ouch.
Wouldn't get too excited for Genie just yet - even a one legged Peng could be dangerous and Bogdan is a Top 100 player these days (unlike some :eek:h:)
Have you looked at her twitter? Doesn't look like she's very focused on tennis. Planning a new date with that fan of hers. :rolls:

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Have you looked at her twitter? Doesn't look like she's very focused on tennis. Planning a new date with that fan of hers. :rolls:

Still kills me his name is “pun slayin” every time I see it :lol: still don’t know whether it’s “poon” (sexual) or “pun” (wordplay), I assume the former given some of his other tweets

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Still kills me his name is “pun slayin” every time I see it :lol: still don’t know whether it’s “poon” (sexual) or “pun” (wordplay), I assume the former given some of his other tweets

With it attached to 'twoods', it's obvious what it is ... since when has Tiger been known for wordy puns! :eek:h:

Reactions: twight6

·
Registered
9,387 Posts
I really wanted Hsieh to snatch this one and boost her ranking. :(

I do think Babos and Diyas are looking good, but I have a weird feeling Tomljanovic is going to come out swinging..... so she's my no guts, no glory pick. Damn the field is depleted though, I feel bad for the organisers.

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,163 Posts
Now Bouchard needs a WC even just to be in the MM draw.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Picked Babos. Glad she's got a relatively easy first round opponent given that she's still in Melbourne playing the mixed final right now. Ajla lost today, so is likely en route as I type.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Do it Sabine! Do it now! Taipei slam yours for the taking!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts