Date of birth: 11 Feb 1985
Singles ranking: 132

Ashleigh BARTY
Date of birth: 24 Apr 1996
Singles ranking: 195

Jarmila GAJDOSOVA
Date of birth: 26 Apr 1987
Singles ranking: 197

Storm Sanders has joined the team as 5th...

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
180,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TEAM NOMINATIONS

Romina OPRANDI
Date of birth: 29 Mar 1986
Singles ranking: 52

Stefanie VOEGELE
Date of birth: 10 Mar 1990
Singles ranking: 56

Timea BACSINSZKY
Date of birth: 08 Jun 1989
Singles ranking: 201

Amra SADIKOVIC
Date of birth: 06 May 1989
Singles ranking: 234

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
Jorn do you have some infos about Stosur's calf?

Coz if she doesn't play i would say Switzerland has about 85% chances to win, if she plays 60%

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
Yeah but between us, if the captain doesn't hae faith in his/her team, they should change it.

I was in Fribourg last year for the 1st round 2012 between these two nations and a lot of matches were really close. If it goes to the double that's sure that Barty/Dell'Aqua is a great team, but Sadikovic/Bacsinszky could have a really nice potential

But as i am Swiss i might not be 100% neutral ;)
Anyway Hop Schwiiz
:cheer::cheer::cheer:

·
Registered
33,573 Posts
Tbh I'd say it's about 50-50. Sam's calf seems to be okay, but through her injury she has had very few matches lately, so she's far from sure of winning both her matches.

Unless I'm mistaken Sam'll play in-form Voegele first day, and I think the winner of that match will probably take the tie. The Aussies should win the doubles, but really need Sam to win both her singles, because Jarka is in no kind of form atm, and Casey and Ash are no better option than she is for singles.

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
I can't find any news on her since Charleston 2012. I think I once read she was pregnant but i don't think that is true...

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
I can do that and i'll try to summarize and translate the news and interviews made by the swiss federation

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
Here is the schedule for the two days

Fed Cup-Playoff Suisse - Australie
Saturday, 20 avril 2013

11.45: Opening Ceremony

12.00: Stefanie Vögele - Samantha Stosur

suivi de: Romina Oprandi - Jarmila Gajdosova

Sunday, 21 avril

11.00: Oprandi - Stosur

suivi de: Vögele - Gajdosova

suivi de: Bacsinszky/Sadikovic - Barty/Dellacqua

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
I don't know i get the informations from the Swiss federation http://swisstennis.com/

The SSR SRG idée suisse is there for the tv, but it won't be streamed or on tv, i think there will only be news reports from the matches

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
About Jarka, i think she might be playing better than Dellacqua right now and has far more fed cup experience than Barty (she played in Fribourg against Switzerland last year). Next to that Oprandi said that she can be really dangerous because she gives no rythm during the points. I saw her last year and that's true, she only plays shots. That could give big difficulties to Oprandi...

I also read Stosur is totally fit, but i think she told the same right before Charleston

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
Yeah it will be decided around 3pm if any match will take place today. The biggest problem as i read was that last night it rained heavily and the courts didn't allow to play until now...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts