Votes: 5 31.3%
  • The Strasbourg public

Votes: 2 12.5%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now this really is a DREAM match which has got lost in all the RG draw excitement. Both have struggled for form these past couple of months, but they have been playing some great stuff this week, brushing their opponents aside with ball bashing at it's best. First WTA meeting between them, Dayana won a 100k match in 3 sets 2 years ago.

Who wins?

·
Registered
34,116 Posts
This should be fun, hope to see some good crunchy power tennis. Hope the young 'un won't wilt before the more experienced player.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Hoping Dayana can pull this out. Pretty worried about RG so a run to the finals here would be nice.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I don't mind Sabalenka at all...but i have to cheer for Dayana here...

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been waiting for any combo of a Sabalenka-Yastremska-Ostapenko main tour match for over a year now, so I am genuinely pumped for this.

·
Registered
17,250 Posts
Yastremska will win the first set, something like 6-4. And sabalenka will retire shortly thereafter to avoid a three set battle ahead of Paris

Yastremska 6-4, 2-0 Ret.

·
Registered
10,282 Posts
They've both been playing really well this tournament. I'd argue Sabalenka's quality of opponent has been a lot higher so I might give her an edge as she's come through more of a test and just played a good BBB.

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Yastremska FTW. She beat Sabalenka in their only previous match up. However, it was ITF and it went to three. Yastremska has always seemed the better, more stable player generally speaking. Sabalenka's game can be picked apart by someone like Yastremska.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts