Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting match-up, and the winner reaches the top 20 for the first time.

Sakkari doesn't seem like she should be as solid indoors, with this low bounce, but she gets really low on her groundstrokes and has been very good at opening up side-to-side angles.

Rybakina has been impressive this season, and her groundstrokes are so steady given their power and weight. Will be interesting to see if Sakkari moves her around.

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
I think Rybakina has been playing better, so i'd pick her just based on their general form right now, but I think it could be a close contest and might just come down to a shoddy service game or two.

Lena can hit very hard into the corners and will likely be dictating play, but Sakkari is a much better mover and can chase a lot down and really muscle the ball back deep. She has frustrated and beaten many big hitters in the past (Kvitova, Keys, Bertens, Sabalenka, Giorgi, Alexandrova). Hoping for a good match from both.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Both players can bring some powerful hitting, this match has the potential to be lit! Hope it delivers.

I'm going with Rye in 3 sets.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You didn't give any time to vote!

I was going to pick Rybakina. She will win...I think ;)
Whoops! Apologies, I'll try to edit the poll. Unused to some of the feature changes.

I think Rybakina will win too. If Sakkari starts as rough as she did today, Rybakina can smother her. But if it goes to three sets, I've got a feeling Sakkari will start to punish Rybakina's movement from side to side.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't believe Lena is playing for her third final appearance already. Keep going!
It's quite the rise! I don't think I'd heard of her prior to Hertogenbosch last season.

She seems positively unflustered by anything out there. It's neither a positive nor negative body language on the court, and it seems to work for her.

edit: I scanned the ITF website and it looks like she's played something close to 100 matches in the past year-and-a-month. Hope she holds up physically! It would seem she hasn't had a huge chance to train (which I feel she could use given her movement!) but she's very, very match ready. But she doesn't seem to be losing out of fatigue, either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts