Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mladenovic is coming into this match with a lot of confidence after her performance at the AO saw her catapult back into the top 10.

I have put my life savings on the defending champion and #4 seed.

·
Registered
11,926 Posts
The Mladenovic situation is such an odd one.

Turns up here as defending champion and AO dubs champ but is on a mega losing streak in singles.

Now more than ever she needs to start winning or else( blop)

·
35,489 Posts
Pome should win this easily unless Kiki somehow remembers how to play tennis (In that case, it might be competitive). These courts actually favor Kiki's style.

·
Registered
14,704 Posts
Mladenovic is coming into this match with a lot of confidence after her performance at the AO saw her catapult back into the top 10.

I have put my life savings on the defending champion and #4 seed.

:x:devil::devil::grin2:

When I saw "R2" I thought "Holy cra&, Kristina won a match....Then I remembered she must have gotten a bye in round 1.

Of course, I have to pick Cibulkova in this one.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Domi has a great record against her so this would be embarrassing, but wouldn't be surprising either as she also used to have a great record against Makarova :help:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Did she beat Bye already?
It's 16-15 in the 3rd set tie-break on Flashscore; Kristina is currently swearing at the umpire in Swahili (just cos she can-can-can). There's a weird whistling sound roaming the arena whenever she speaks, but nobody seems to know where it's from.

A drama, I tell ya.

·
Registered
44,455 Posts
Domi has a great record against her so this would be embarrassing, but wouldn't be surprising either as she also used to have a great record against Makarova :help:
Head to heads always seem to go the other way when you least expect it. Most recent example being Cornet/Goerges. :lol: Actually it might really help Kristina that she is playing a high profile opponent this time around and possibly feels less pressure to win. With the confidence of her AO win this might just be what she needs to turn it around. :shrug:

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Cibulkova should know Kiki's current match record in singles and won't want to be the player on the end of it and named forever in a Wikipedia entry about it! :lol:

·
Registered
16,195 Posts
Kiki partially won doubles.because of Babos.
Pome in 2 sets.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I voted KiKi because I think she might finally come alive.
She has a lot on the line here.

Pome had a slow start today, but she played well once she woke up.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts