Irina- Camelia Begu vs Andrea Petkovic[LL]
Vera Zvonareva[WC] vs Kiki Bertens
BYE vs Jelena Ostapenko[2]

·
Registered
16,164 Posts
Vesnina/Kvitova :hysteric:

Hopefully Petra wins that one.

Zvonareva getting a WC :cheer: winnable match for her too!

Probably 16th loss coming for Kiki with Cirstea/Cibulkova in her opener :hysteric:

99% sure Caroline will withdraw too.

Winner will probably come from the bottom half of the draw, either Goerges/Ostapenko/Kvitova (hopefully).

·
Registered
44,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before anyone gets any wrong idea, I only left Caro out in the poll, because I can’t really see her coming here and even if she does, she most likely won’t be too invested. :) If anyone still believes she is gonna take it all, feel free to vote for other. :p

·
Registered
44,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If Caro withdraws, Julia may be moved to her position and Cibulkova could move into Julia‘s spot, which would change the draw quite a bit.

Mladenovic, Makarova and Vesnina just played in Melbourne yesterday, so they could struggle to adjust as well!

I believe Garcia could go on to win another one, as she played solid in Melbourne and has always played some good tennis indoors.
I wouldn’t write Kristina off just yet the good memories and her run in Doubles may inspire her to do some damage here again as well. :)

·
Registered
114,486 Posts
Wozniacki/Georges final, like Auckland

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,469 Posts
Before anyone gets any wrong idea, I only left Caro out in the poll, because I can’t really see her coming here and even if she does, she most likely won’t be too invested. :) If anyone still believes she is gonna take it all, feel free to vote for other. :p
I can understand that line of thinking and, for the most part, it makes good sense. For a player to play in, much less to win, a small lower tier event the week after winning their 1st slam would be unusual to put it mildly, but it is not without precedent.

I still remember Svetlana Kuznetsova following up her debut slam win at the US Open in 2004 with a title in Bali the very next week. :eek:h:

·
Registered
114,486 Posts
Sveta was 19. She didnt understand it was time to relax for a few days, or for 5 years

·
Registered
44,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can understand that line of thinking and, for the most part, it makes good sense. For a player to play in, much less to win, a small lower tier event the week after winning their 1st slam would be unusual to put it mildly, but it is not without precedent.

I still remember Svetlana Kuznetsova following up her debut slam win at the US Open in 2004 with a title in Bali the very next week. :eek:h:
In Singles and Doubles no less. :angel: I wouldn’t forget that! But she was young and carefree, while Caro will have to do a lot of media first and really doesn’t need any appearance money.
If she wins it, then kudos to her.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,089 Posts
Is Mladenovic defending any points here? Is this the tournament where she starts losing points?
Winner's points coming off. 470 points. The freefall is starting. :eek:h:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts