1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
sabalenka to pummel saisai into submission. 6-2 6-2.

i am prepared to be wrong though. infact it's the w.t.a. so i'm sure i'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Even though I'd like Saisai to win. On paper, Sabalenka should win. But it is Sabalenka. She is full of derpy moments and can be very much erratic.

I'd say Sabalenka in 2 tight sets

·
Registered
54,667 Posts
I'll root for Saisai cause maybe if she's a little bit more relevant with results , her fan will sound less annoying.Maybe ? ..

:cheer:

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I did not see this one coming. I though Sakkari was going to be back in this final but nope, Saisai had other plans. No idea who will win, I guess Sabalenka on paper but something tells me Saisai might want a different outcome and she will fight for that. But gun to my head I'd go with Sabalenka in 3.

·
It's like cool epilepsy.
65,606 Posts
Amazing final :inlove:

Rooting for Saisai to win (TF in ruins :eek:h: ), but I'd love to see Aryna's return back to form with a win as well. :)

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Saisai's defense and variety will cause Sabalebka to blow a gasket. Saisai in two. I feel like I am in the twighlight zone typing these words. But, I have to remain objective and call it ad I see it.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Obviously Sabalenka hits much bigger and is taller than Sakkari. The moon balling, in theory, should not give her as much trouble. Her serving and return of serve will need to be ending points within 1-2 shots to give her the upper hand.

But a bad serving day (she was quite Impressive yesterday), and she will be in a lot of trouble.

·
Registered
28,847 Posts
No, it would be her fourth WTA-title.

She won Anning, Zhengzhou and Dalian before.
But those were WTA125 which are the equivalent to ATP challengers and don’t count as WTA title.

So this would be the first

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I don't see Sabalenka losing this, she is hungry and getting back on track. Saisai is playing some good tennis, but imo her defense is not great enough to drive Aryna crazy, and her game is still too lite to keep her on the back foot. I'm more worried about the R1 match against Amanda.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I don't see Sabalenka losing this, she is hungry and getting back on track. Saisai is playing some good tennis, but imo her defense is not great enough to drive Aryna crazy, and her game is still too lite to keep her on the back foot. I'm more worried about the R1 match against Amanda.
Amanda withdrew from Toronto. She will play Pavlyuchenkova instead.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Kind of want Sabalenka to take this title and get a confidence boost. She should be a challenger for USO if she can ramp up to top form in the next couple of tournaments.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
:eek: sorry to hear, is she injured?

Would've actually loved to see this match again, with Sabalenka being in better shape then the last 2 times they played
Yes, she is injured. WTA lists the official reason as low back injury. Sabalenka does look to be better shape so it would have interesting to see how that match played out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts