• Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
180,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The full draw is listed below:

Saturday
R1: Maria Kirilenko (RUS) v Kimiko Date-Krumm (JPN)
R2: Ekaterina Makarova (RUS) v Ayumi Morita (JPN)

Sunday
R3: Elena Vesnina (RUS) v Ayumi Morita (JPN)
R4: Ekaterina Makarova (RUS) v Kimiko Date-Krumm (JPN)
R5: Margarita Gasparyan/Elena Vesnina (RUS) v Misaki Doi/Ayumi Morita (JPN)

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Russia 4-1

·
Registered
360 Posts
According to Fed Cup website, Vesnina replaced Kirilenko... So we can assume that Makarova will really play Rubber 4... :confused:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Maria is in the stands and looks rather good... maybe Tarpischev decided to save her energy for doubles, assuming Vesnina or Makarova will win at least one of the last two singles ?? This may be a bit risky indeed...

·
Registered
76,420 Posts
Actually I think Japan is a slight fav now.
wouldn't think so. If it comes down to doubles Japan have lost it :shrug: The 3 Russian players are like all top 10 doubles players.

Maria is in the stands and looks rather good... maybe Tarpischev decided to save her energy for doubles, assuming Vesnina or Makarova will win at least one of the last two singles ?? This may be a bit risky indeed...
If I was him i'd Put Makarova/Vesnina if it comes down to the wire. Just because the fact that they play well together. You wouldn't put Kirilenko in with one of them :shrug:

·
Registered
76,420 Posts
Yes but Kimiko can beat Makarova IMO :shrug:
and Japan will lose the doubles :p

its will be Kimiko with some other unexperienced doubles player against 2 top tenners (and if Kimiko even plays that means she will play 2 matches a day which will be so hard on her)

edit: I didn't see Ayumi is winning :drool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts