115,518 Posts
Re: WWW Roma P5 500 (MD Inside) ???

Very strong field. Good early draw for Osaka & Bertens

Reactions: d_b_prince

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

LOL Serena. That's what you get from being lazy. Having loads of tough players in your section. :spit: No way she wins this shit and RG.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

LOL Serena. That's what you get from being lazy. Having loads of tough players in your section. :spit: No way she wins this shit and RG.
wow serena would probably have to play venus in r2, stephens in r3, halep in quarterfinal. that is brutal.

·
Registered
53,653 Posts

(not so) bold prediction : Serena will withdraw before her R3 with Stephens to avoid an embarassment

I hope she proves me wrong though :angel:

·
Banned
15,175 Posts

Coachella WHO? :rolls:

·
Banned
15,175 Posts

It's P5 900 @SAISAI-GOAT . :secret: :inlove:

Reactions: SAISAI-GOAT

·
Registered
2,147 Posts

What the hell is with that draw, damn! Serena has her sister, Sloane and then Halep in the quarterfinals, ouch!

Osaka is in Bertens' quarter and might happen upon Hsieh again in round 3, and it won't be so easy to hit through her on the Rome clay.

Maybe Muguruza won't embarrass herself here too and at least make it to R2 or even R3, but Collins might have other plans.

Svitolina and Pliskova from the 3rd quarter seems like a solid pick, unless they both continue to suck on clay, in which case that quarter is completely open.

Barty will probably make the quarterfinals here too where I'd like to see Kvitova waiting, so that's probably not going to happen. But who else would be there, Kontaveit? Maybe.

So Osaka Bertens, Halep Serena/Stephens (one can wish she'll have back-to-back good tournaments), should be Svitolina and Pliskova here but who the hell knows with these two right now and finally Barty Kontaveit or Kvitova.

Winner will probably be whoever still has enough charge in her batteries to last through the end of the week, so any one of the players I mentioned above. Should be fun, looking forward to Rome.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
The real final will be played tomorrow but with those geniuses who came to the conclusion that we didn't need a stream for the P5/PM qualies we can't see it,shame on them.:eek:

·
Registered
115,518 Posts
Each quarter is pretty good
Osaka, Bertens
Serena, Halep, Stephens
Svitolina, Muguruza, Keys, Pliskova
Kvitova, Barty, Bencic

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Osaka has a good draw to the QF, unless Ostapenka randomly peaks for some reason or the other. The draw looks stacked on paper but it's also Rome; it's the real RG precursor but can often prove to be a mess, as Svitolina winning the past two years without so much as blinking an eye has shown.

Most interested in how Vondrousova will do. She's good on clay and I think took some time off to heal a niggling injury after choking yet another final. But she'll definitely beat Strycova again and can push Halep—who will be a little tired after playing a Madrid F. Maybe she can have another deep run but most likely she will be unseeded and looming at RG.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
hmm :scratch:

... the most valid must be the 2nd option (a Chinese player) as they learned and mainly playing tennis on this surface...
i.e. comes in my mind SaiSai moonbals huge topspins that on clay will be killers for all of the opponents in her way to the finals :scared:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
hmm :scratch:

... the most valid must be the 2nd option (a Chinese player) as they learned and mainly playing tennis on this surface...
i.e. comes in my mind SaiSai moonbals huge topspins that on clay will be killers for all of the opponents in her way to the finals :scared:
Who is SaiSai?

·
Banned
119 Posts
Barty, fantastic draw like Kvitova! Osaka and Kvitova were so lucky, I mean not all the time seeds number 1 and 2 are getting free spots.

The question is just if Halep will win the treble or not. :)) Section 2 with Rena possibly facing Halep but no way she's taking it at the moment.

I wish Halep would have switched with Bertens, I would have rathered played Osaka than Serena Williams.

·
Registered
548 Posts
This draw is honestly extremely open, and I would say looks quite good for Stephens, who will probably be much higher on confidence now than she was going into Madrid, and will enjoy the slower conditions. Bertens and Halep will likely be exhausted (and trying to conserve themselves for Roland Garros), Svitolina is still nursing her knee and is unlikely to have changed a lot in a week, Pliskova and especially Serena are extremely low on match practice, and SaiSai is unlikely to perform in her first P5 final. There's a great chance here for a lot of players to go on a run.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts