Tennis Forum banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,529 Posts
It was still the smart bet. Really, when you get right down to it, being right doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is that your argument makes some kind of sense, based on the information you have, there are too many factors that are out of your hands. Most people when they get it right, especially when it comes to women's tennis, it's only because they just happened to guess right on a 50/50 proposition. It was more than reasonable to think that Halep would go further to defend her title.
I didn't answer this poll because I was impressed with Anisimova last week already

I'm sure those who predicted an easy win for Halep didn't watch Anisimova's matches well enough...

it's ridiculous to be condescending when you don't truly know what you speak about :shrug:

·
Registered
34,910 Posts
I didn't answer this poll because I was impressed with Anisimova last week already

I'm sure those who predicted an easy win for Halep didn't watch Anisimova's matches well enough...

it's ridiculous to be condescending when you don't truly know what you speak about :shrug:
I wasn't being condescending, it's what I genuinely thought would happen. I could tell she was talented, but still most 17 year olds don't get even close to this far, they are usually stopped by a seasoned veteran. Good for her for proving me wrong. Now I think she's a serious bet to win the whole thing.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
It was still the smart bet. Really, when you get right down to it, being right doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is that your argument makes some kind of sense, based on the information you have, there are too many factors that are out of your hands. Most people when they get it right, especially when it comes to women's tennis, it's only because they just happened to guess right on a 50/50 proposition. It was more than reasonable to think that Halep would go further to defend her title.
Well said, but the smart money doesn’t guess. U might argue that Anisimova would have been the correct play, considering the implied odds (poker terminology).

·
Banned
15,186 Posts
Reactions: SERVivor

·
Registered
11,942 Posts
*DEAD* @ all the weave snatching in here. When will people learn that being overconfident about any particular player in the current state of the WTA is a bad idea?

101 - 109 of 109 Posts