Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 109 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Halep's draw to a slam semi has to be the biggest ND joke i've ever seen. No disrespect to the up and coming girls but its clearly a very big gift to her.

The fact that Linette and Tomaljanovic were the only ones to take off a set is an indicator of the spanking she might get once she meets Keys or Barty in the SF if she's not ready for a high calibre opponent
At least she made it to semi, unlike .....

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
I don't think anyone is really giving Amanda many chances here, so hopefully that could alleviate some pressure. I'm sure she will be nervous about her 1st GS QF, but nothing to lose, at all... She's got a bright future ahead of her!

Just think, when Halep was 17, she was just a big boobed girl that no one saw any potential of being a top player, barely ranked in the Top 300.... so Amanda already has a big head start for the future.
Well with 16 she was #1 junior, so i think there were a few people thinking about halep being a top player in 10s

I like this russian girl, but on clay i dont think she can upset Halep ... she was really lucky with draw this year

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Well with 16 she was #1 junior, so i think there were a few people thinking about halep being a top player in 10s

I like this russian girl, but on clay i dont think she can upset Halep ... she was really lucky with draw this year
She’s an American girl, born in New Jersey-raised on American soil. And she’s not a phony American like Sharapova. Get ur facts strait, bro.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Then maybe you're a casual tennis fan. At 18 Simona was already a top 100 player and had also played a WTA level final and took Jankovic to thre sets at the US open.
I've been playing, watching, and following tennis for over 20 years.... so, no, not just casual. Halep didn't even win her first match in a Grand Slam until she was 19, and no one was hyping her or thinking she was anything until her breakout year in 2013 at 21/22 years old. And then all the bandwagon trolls started up on TF and supporting her.
Anyway, its more than likely Halep will win this match. But Amanda has such a bright future, so it doesn't matter so much right now.
Onwards and upwards, Amanda.

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Every RG is the same for the past few years:

Can Halep hold it together and win the tournament?

All other top players are bad on clay or at majors. It's just a question of whether Halep can actually hold down her place while the draw collapses around her. 2017 was the first time the draw truly exploded.

But this year her draw is even more NID than normal. What is this draw she has? Wozniacki's 2018 AO looks like Mt Everest compared to this.

Anyway, I'd be extremely surprised if she lost this match. Unless Anisimova channels Ostapenko, Halep will win in straights. Ostapenko has this fearless (or unaware) attitude that Amanda doesn't really seem to have, and she won't go for broke as much.

I think a bet on Halep winning the tournament has never been a safer one. We all know that anything can happen, but you'd have to like your chances at this point.

Reactions: GenieSlam24

·
Banned
5 Posts
your post literally brings nothing to the conversation and is off topic, you should be reported.

When you have something intelligent to say about Halep's readiness for a fit seeded player in the semis, hit me back.
It's not like your posts are bordering rocket science, so please take it easier. And yes, Halep is fit and ready to play in semis and she deserves to be there. Unlike, you know...

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
If Amanda shows up in the 1st set, guns blazing, she might catch Halep off-guard, but you can expect Halep, to rise to the next level and pick apart Amanda's game and take the 2nd set, then bagel Amanda in the 3rd set.

However, given that Halep has been in form, I am more likely to believe that she wins this match in straight sets. Halep has better movement and will chase everything down, forcing Amanda to go for more, increasing her UE's.

·
Registered
57,944 Posts
Real #1 Halep will win 6-1 6-1 ! :angel:

And in SF she will beat Barty 6-3 6-3 ! ;)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Heart: Amanda, what a huge potential!
Mind: Simona

Just hope it is a good match quality-wise and Anisimova keeps herself showing at the world, she really could be a huge future star.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Re: RG QF: Simona Halep v. Amanda Anisimova

It could be a big choke for Halep, not likely but Anisimova has the mind and will go for it without pressure, and her strokes can make a lot of damage, not sure if clay is her best surface though

·
Registered
582 Posts
I don't think anyone is really giving Amanda many chances here, so hopefully that could alleviate some pressure. I'm sure she will be nervous about her 1st GS QF, but nothing to lose, at all... She's got a bright future ahead of her!

Just think, when Halep was 17, she was just a big boobed girl that no one saw any potential of being a top player, barely ranked in the Top 300.... so Amanda already has a big head start for the future.
This was unnecessary.

Halep is so much more talented than Anisimova and also consistent. Maybe Anisimova will be a good player in the future - who knows? She can also be next Bouchard or Vaidisova - Nicole also made a QF in FO at 17 yo and where she is now? She was seen as next big superstar and she faded away into irrelevancy. Anisimova is just playing as young fearless teenager who has nothing to lose, but wait a few years if her head and game will keep up. ;)

To me Anisimova has just a few good runs in a very weak year, and soon she wont be getting into later stages of slams.

·
Registered
15,252 Posts
Halep can be overpowered. It's just gonna depend on whether she can move Amanda enough to cause a high UE count.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
This was unnecessary.

Halep is so much more talented than Anisimova and also consistent. Maybe Anisimova will be a good player in the future - who knows? She can also be next Bouchard or Vaidisova - Nicole also made a QF in FO at 17 yo and where she is now? She was seen as next big superstar and she faded away into irrelevancy. Anisimova is just playing as young fearless teenager who has nothing to lose, but wait a few years if her head and game will keep up. ;)

To me Anisimova has just a few good runs in a very weak year, and soon she wont be getting into later stages of slams.
Sure Jan. You didn't even know who Halep was when she was 17. But you're saying her level and results when she was 17, are better than Amanda is at 17? Please. GTFO.
But Halep at 27 and a Top 5 player now, should be better than Amanda at 17... or else somethings wrong.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts

Thoughts and prayers for Amanda.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts

a poll would be nice.

Ansimova has had a nice little run but she has beaten nobody of note (Sabalenka is a ghost lately), she just basically took over Kvitova's top 8 seeding. Her only chance is to come out blasting Simona off the court with winners and hope Simona gets rattled. On the one hand, that game plan worked for Lucic... on the other hand, Ansimova doesn't have Lucic's bashing abilities.

·
King
29,014 Posts
This is NID considering the surface, match-up and conditions over the next day or two, but it has been a great tournament for Amanda, regardless of the relatively soft draw, and it feels like she’s lining herself up for an even bigger breakout at some point this year if she stays fit.

41 - 60 of 109 Posts