Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the defending champion versus the girl from New Jersey :surprise:

cmon AMANDA-GOAT

Reactions: Scrubaball

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Re: RG QF: Simona Halep v. Amanda Anisimova

No poll? Simona has no job losing this. But it can happen if Amanda hits constantly good and annoy Halep enough to throw her off. 80% for Simona.

·
Registered
34,313 Posts
The kid's dream run will come crashing down. Hopefully not the way Swiatek's did today, but down it will come. Simona in straights, being generous, 6-4, 6-2.

·
Registered
23,256 Posts
so this board somehow low-key hoped to see the last of OP in this tourney, it was all in vain anyway it seems... :facepalm:

·
Registered
29,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so this board somehow low-key hoped to see the last of OP in this tourney, it was all in vain anyway it seems... :facepalm:
LMAO, not even close since SAISAI is thriving in the doubles draw >:)

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
I don't think anyone is really giving Amanda many chances here, so hopefully that could alleviate some pressure. I'm sure she will be nervous about her 1st GS QF, but nothing to lose, at all... She's got a bright future ahead of her!

Just think, when Halep was 17, she was just a big boobed girl that no one saw any potential of being a top player, barely ranked in the Top 300.... so Amanda already has a big head start for the future.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Amanda has the weapons to put the match on her racket. Her relative lack of experience and tendency to anger, could cost her. Of course, many said the same about Ostapenko when she faced Halep at RG 2017. I think Halep will take this in three sets but she will be greatly tested.

·
Registered
15,563 Posts
I don't think anyone is really giving Amanda many chances here, so hopefully that could alleviate some pressure. I'm sure she will be nervous about her 1st GS QF, but nothing to lose, at all... She's got a bright future ahead of her!

Just think, when Halep was 17, she was just a big boobed girl that no one saw any potential of being a top player, barely ranked in the Top 300.... so Amanda already has a big head start for the future.
Actually simonas junior achievements. Are greater than amandas. She won junior slam while being handicapped with huge tits and backache

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Amanda had a lot of trouble with the only clay court player she faced so far, even though that player is currently out of form and out of the top 100 (Begu). So I expect Simona to exploit Amanda's movement issues on clay, neutralize a lot of her big first serves and come through this one.

I won't pretend to have been following her at the time, but since stanning for her I've read comments from experts and former greats saying that they saw something special in Simona's game when she was young. Plus she won a Junior Slam :shrug:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Amanda's movement is a joke. Make her hit on the run, move her from side to side and you'll have a 60-65 minutes match.

·
Registered
38,327 Posts
Amanda to channel her inner Lucic and dispatch Help in 2.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Simona in not so easy match ... 7:5 6:3

1 - 20 of 109 Posts